Hello again everyone, I have an odd UNIX question for you - although I'm not to sure its security related...

Whenever I run a sysbak backup on the UNIX box it displays a 'created time' when starting and a 'ended time' when it finishes. However, I've noticed that for the last few days it has been showing very oddly.

Yesterday, 9/18/03, I ran the backup at about 9am in the morning and it reported back that it was Fri Sep 5th at about 7:30am.

Today I ran it at 7:50am and it reported back that it was Thu Sep 4th at about 9am...

So not only is the time off, but the date today is actually showing one day earlier then it did yesterday (as if its counting backwards?)...

I'm running AIX4.3.3 on a RS/6000, the 'date' command returns the proper date and time, and am using System bakup & Recovery v5.1 to perform the backup...

Again, not sure if this is any type of security issue - or whether its going to cause any problem at all... But it sure is odd...

Does anyone have any idea what could/would be causing this - or what etc or var file I need to modify to fix this???

Thanks,
RRP