Thread: more RIAA news

more RIAA news

"It has been determined by a federal court in RIAA v. Verizon that a provision of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act permits copyright owners to obtain an ISP subscriber's identifying information without any judicial supervision, or any due process for the subscriber," Brownback said. "The real harm here is that nothing in this quasi-subpoena process prevents someone other than a digital media owner -- say a stalker, a pedophile, a telemarketer or even a spammer -- from using this quasi subpoena process to gain the identity of Internet subscribers, including our children."
    http://dc.internet.com/news/article.php/3078541

Before this is over, the recording industry is going to get its butt kicked.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

That might be something that may show a light at the end of the tunnel, but the fued over these who has control of what is far from over and will not be over for many, many years to come. We have technology and it's about time lawmakers stop living in the dark ages and start embracing it to their advantage if they want to get anywhere.

Even with all thats happening, I am still a little sceptical that this is gonna be a win for the consumer. The RIAA has too much muscle and too many politicians in their pocket.

Just too tired that the rich are getting richer and the rest and just trying to survive. We seem to have gone back a few hundred years.

Of course the RIAA is looking out for the artists. The record companies dont like to see artists screwed.
    -Joh n Daily (Sarcastic tone) Point being that in all fairness this is just for the recording companies that want money. They really do no t give a damn about the artists.

Originally posted here by r8devil
    Even with all thats happening, I am still a little sceptical that this is gonna be a win for the consumer. The RIAA has too much muscle and too many politicians in their pocket.

Just too tired that the rich are getting richer and the rest and just trying to survive. We seem to have gone back a few hundred years.
    Heh, the RIAA can't make money if people would boycott them, then they'd have little muscle. The politicians can always be complained to by voters, that'll make them back down.

Agree sticky. but not enough people feel that this is affecting them directly so most cant be bothered. And most non tech people do not really know the implications of this. It has to affect the man on the street so to speak before regular guys will take notice of this. and only when it starts affecting the politicians votes that they will even bother. But i dont see that happening any time soon.

Hopefully things change. I guess we will ust have to wait and see.

Banned
    Originally posted here by PM8228
    Of course the RIAA is looking out for the artists. The record companies dont like to see artists screwed.
    Whats really stupid about the quote above is that most artist make most of their money from concerts and advertisement not stupid plastic disks inside of stores... most of the money from CDs and tapes go straight to managers, producers, & (ect). LOL its now the indie bands who are now actually makeing money out of the attention they get through file shareing.

in the 60s there were alot of pot smokeing hipppie grauge bands... then in the 70s & 80s & 90s there was a boom in music... punk, rap, industrial, goth, metal, new wave, & (ect)

The only difference is now days the cloathing style has changed from wearing goofy cloaths to wearing electronic devices such as cd/mp3 walkmans on top of those goofy t-shirts and pants... and those rare industrys looking for bands willing to sellout to the big wigs & mix their music with pop to make these styles of music more "acceptable" to the masses is no longer needed anymore cause peaple are already getting alot of it alredy only fuller and more raw/uncensored than ever before.

And because if this it also scares stores like walmart alot cause they don't know which person to censore & blame for things or how to tell kids whats cool or not. Blahhhh.... its all just another musical rebellion agianst fat, old, & bald basterds who don't know **** about music and ever since rock 'n roll they've always tried making it all look like a "bad" thing and each time it all gets more and more exstream. Its been going on since Elvis shook his ****ing ass all over the place and it'll probably never stop I mean its the nature of things... punk ass kids agianst "the man", ya know?

Thats why in support of all this so called "stealing" & rarely heard forms of music ((thats only if giveing something I legally bought to another person can even be considered "stealing"))... anyways... anyways.. in support of all this "stealing" I go to music stores buy the stuff that many of these companies are to afraid to sell... then when the store jerk... I mean "clerk" tells me about cd-cleaners or pop albums, I quickly throw the money in his face & yell **** YOU! Then I show the security camera my middle finger for invadeing my privacy. After that I run away incase some ******* thinks im "stealing" then tries to kick my ass.

It’s about time conservatives realized this isn't about kids stealing music but rather about the riaa being the enemy of democracy and the American people. Its a monster that must be stabbed threw the heart.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”