Thread: recent attacks

recent attacks

Hi everyone, I've had a broadband connection in my home for about 8 months, I setup Norton Ineternet Security 2003 about 5 months ago. I have never had any alerts about intrusion attempts to my box, that is until about two weeks ago. I am having at least a daily alert about some kind of intrusion attempt: trojans and Invalid TCP Source Port, mainly. This attacks have come from a variety of different IP's.
    What could be the reason for this recent attacks? Was I lucky for almost 5 months without recieving any attacks?? My system hasn't been compromised because all of this attacks are blocked, but it is weird to suddenly have intrusion attempts. What is happening here? I am pretty sure I am free of spyware and viruses. (have spybot, adaware and fully updated norton AV)

Any opinions about this would be appreciated.

thanks,

J

Maybe you have inadvertantly changed an option to allow a warning to appear when you are "attacked" as there is really no way you could go 5 months without having any alerts on your computer.

If you check your fire wall log you will find all the alerts you have had.

Or, you could have just installed a new bit or SWare that want connections to/from the internet.

Have you tried a Whois or nslookup on the IP's to see what/who they are?

It is, mostlikely the Blaster, Or Welchia Virus Trying To gain access to your computer. To Gain more information about these "attacks" try downloading ZoneAlarmPro. It will give you detailed information about an attack.
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here

Welcome to the world of broadband.

Since you have an always on connection, its normal to see alerts like that everyday. I do even on my 56k. Thats just how it is. Nothing to worry about.
    =

If those alerts are getting to you, you could always buy a NAT router. If you had a NAT router you would almost certainly see a substantial drop off in those alerts. I usually only get like two or three alerts a month showing up in my pc's firewall, all the other nastiness is being dumped by my router. Just a thought.

Learn more on NAT Here

Try talking with your ISP and see if they can do anything for you?

I fixed my problem! I accidentaly put my ip in the DMZ of my router, I removed it and now things are back to normal.

Thanks to everyone for your help