Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how did you get in here

Question how did you get in here

i am having a serious problem with someone hacking into my computer and deleting files etc....i have tried many different firewalls including zone alarm and they still get through. whoever it is has even gone as far as to e-mail people using my name. please help i am new at all of this and am starting to get annoyed....... any information would be greatley appreciated.

Checked for trojans / virus' recently?
    If so did you use it with an up to data virus definitions?
    Are you allowing a connection with you firewall to something that looks suspicious?
    Is the firewall/s allowing local access to internet and internet access to local (zones set to wrong adaptor)?
    Running a server of some description?
    Checked for updates on your os (and servers if running)?
    Opened any suspicious attachements? (yes that includes pron)
    Do you know the "someone"?
    Are than any proceess / startup programs that shouldn't be?

if you have a antivirus up date it download spybot and update it to it newest available download and scan your system, it doesn't matter if you have a firewall if not configured well it's like if you didn't have one. Update Windows. etc.
    Give more info what OS are u running and kind of connection

***maybe if you format and install everything all over again that would help alot

//me scartches head and think: maybe it's a l33t HotmailSub7DialUpHacker that has your computer

//me scared

LOL

i am currently running windows xp with bellsouth dsl internet......i do have the latest version of spybot and run it every other day if not daily.....for virus scan i am using the latest version of mccaffe online virus scan.....i scanned tuesday night and no viruses were found.

ah but does xp have any of the updates applied

the last time a ran a windows xp update was about two weeks ago....but this has been a continuous problem for the last three or four weeks.

Good start with the fire wall. Make sure you are also using a regularly updated virus scanner (if you want a cheap one, use AVG from http://www.grisoft.com/ . Also find a decent trojan remover by searching on google, and run that.

How is your internet set up? Do you use hotmail or an equivalent? If so, how do you access it? If it's through a mail client (like eudora or outlook) then this could just be due to your PC being compromised. If you connect using a Internet Explorer, then you could have a key logger, or a trojan like Sub7 (I think this has a keylogger in it).

Do you have shares enabled? And what OS are you using?
    \"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.\"
    A. Sachs

do you have your administratives Shares enable ? ?
    Disable them becas if you don't have them password protected and even if you have people can peak at your shared files (also c:\)

TRY updating your system, well don't try it DO IT !!!!!!
    What firewall are u running?
    and what configuration does it has?

i do currently share files on imesh.....but the only files they can download from me are from the my downloads...that is how i set it up when i first started to avoid this problem.....all other files are password protected. i just started using the black ice personal protection firewall, it is set on max unless i am going in to download a file or music or whatnot....as soon as i am finished with the download it gets set back to max........

Make sure that you aren't sharing any folders. Check by command prompt>>net share
    that should give you a list of shared folders.
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here