Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Windows

Unhappy Stupid Windows

I just upgraded to Windows XP from Me. That is a big step to the positive side, but i just have one problem. When I have many internet explorer windows open, the all go together in to one group, making it a pain to delete them. Does anyone know if there is anyway to turn this off, and just have all the windows listed on the bottom? Thanks
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Right click on your task bar then select properties. Fromt there, unselect "group similiar taskbar buttons"
    =

Thanks alot...that was getting to be a pain in the arse....
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Another way is to right click on the group( when they are in one group) and select 'Close Group' and bang they are all closed.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Yeah, i did that once or twice, but i just want to close the pop-ups that get through my pop up blocker and not the windows of stuff i'm looking at...thanks anyway tho...

not to sound like some of the stoopid 1 line smarta$$ replies..
    Get an different popup stopper.. (google tool bar helps alot.. the proxomotron is excellent) and you could:
    Turn off (disable) messenger in your services (this is not msn Messenger) this will stop some of the crap as well,,

Also when the items are grouped in the taskbar.. you can close them individualy using right click as well.. so the choice is open the window and close, right click and close the group, or left click the group, then right click and close the individual item..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

or, just switch browsers... almost all new browsers come with some sort of pop-up blocking tool. Mozilla's is nice. It' simply asks you before allowing any domain to display pop-up's.

sorry, just wanted to rep. MOZILLA (www.mozilla.org)
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

Thumbs down

I just finnished updating to XP too today..
    HeHe
    I had a problem of the icons on the toolbar dissapearing on me and i could not work it out for 5 mins.
    Once finding the box to tick to stop it cooled off my thoughts of going back to ME or 98.

My 1st twelve hours with XP has been testing my patience...programs not working and needing to update to latest versions of everything.
    It could not find my adsl modem or my sound drivers on installation.

yeah, i know what you are talkin about...but when you have ME crashing everything half hour, i'd keep the disapearing icons and annoying window grouping ....

Make sure you go to Microsoft.com and at least update your service packs and drivers for XP. This might help you a little bit....

Personally, I think XP is a system resource hog, but what the hell do I know. If you like it and it works for you, more power to you!

Good luck,
    SQ......