Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cable Modem Question (Help ASAP)

Im at school right now but ill do what EaseZE said...I reply back when I get home.

Originally posted here by EaseZE
    What i have found is sometimes the cable modem does not sync up correctly. So what you may want to try to do is completely shutdown your computer. Then after it is down pull the power cord on your modem. (dont use the power or reset) Then after 30 sec or so plug it back in and wait for all lights to go solid and the ethernet light to start blinking. Boot up your computer when this happens and check your ip. This is what tech support will have you do first. Also check all physical connections and make sure everything is secure.
    I told him to do that in my post. Usually its 60 seconds though for it to reset itself.

I reset it and it still does the finding site thing but I know that there is no outage. I have comcast TV and that would have been out also. Everything is hooked up right and its pissing me off cus my mom will think I messed up the comp. Anyway noone knows how to fix it?

And if you say how to fix it be specific.

Originally posted here by LilSL209
    I reset it and it still does the finding site thing but I know that there is no outage. I have comcast TV and that would have been out also. Everything is hooked up right and its pissing me off cus my mom will think I messed up the comp. Anyway noone knows how to fix it?

And if you say how to fix it be specific.
    *Smacks forehead AGAIN*

WILL YOU CALL ****ING COMCAST LIKE WE SAID TO DO LAST NIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Damn man.

1-888-COMCAST

Ok listen if I call comcast then my mom will think I broke it or whatever happened to it...There is no troubleshooting on the comcast official site?

Your Mom cant get pissed over something like this. I have comcast too and usually it means theres some kind of outtage, OR sometimes the Modem was faulty, its happened before. Call them and tell them the problem, they will check a few things out and then if they cnt fix it they will send someone out to check lines, check the modem, and replave things if needed.

Just call them up.

Its kinda hard to troubleshoot your problem like this. I coud fix it, but I'd have to be right there. Your gonna have to break down and call comcast. Sorry I couldn't help any more, but thats what your gonna have to do.

Gotta bite the bullet man.
    =

Ok I went in the properties like Striek said and my stuff says:

Connect Using: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

These Items I list are checked...

Client for Microsoft Netorks
    File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Netoworks
    QoS Pack Scheduler
    Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

Does it show it as active? If it does highlight TCP/IP and select properties. Is it assign IP automatically, or is there a IP typed in there?

Your probably still gonna have to call comcast.
    =

I have comcast TV and that would have been out also.
    NOT true at all. Perhaps the servers are down, maybe just their DNS server, or whatever. Or it could be a bad cable modem, they can go bad.
    The only way you are going to find out is give them a call, they will backtrace it and check your modem from their end, they can even reset the software on it.

...There is no troubleshooting on the comcast official site?
    well, if you can get here, you can get there !! You tell us.

How many times do you have to be given the same advice ?? Call Comcast.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes