Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Zionism and Anti-Semitism

sacked our villages and raped our woman. The Scandanavians must pay
    The way I heard it, the charming and handsome Vikings came to pay a friendly
    visit, and the ladies were impressed by the fact that the Scandinavian guys
    were in the habit of taking baths...
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Originally posted here by FrameWork
    Perhaps you're right, I may have jumped the gun a bit.
    It's obvious where your opinion lies. But you have yet to outline why you feel that way, or what makes you believe in this connection between anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism.

HI YA BRISSY DOOD
    hiya brissy girl (although you never know on the internet )

Banned
    no im not a brissy gal, im about 2 hrs away from there tho
    I WANNA LIVE IN A BIG CITY...

tho last time i went to brissy i got lost.. HMMMM

Nightfalls_Girl

I think the most descriptive point made regarding the cause of ongoing
    disputes and termoil in this region.

Personaly I am sick of Israil hiding behind the antisemite defense

Dateline reporter Mark Davis
    For Israel to even contemplate bombing another state, they must have concluded there wouldn't be any effective response, either militarily or otherwise. It would seem they were right, there hasn't been much of a response, has there?

Yahya Mahmassini Arab League's Ambassador to the UN
    Well, let's first start by saying that the Syrian Government has reacted wisely and prudently. Don't forget Syria is a member of the Security Council and if there is any dispute, it should be resolved through the Security Council in accordance with the charter, of course. But what Israel-the act of Israel by itself is an act of agression in violation of the charter of the United Nations, of international law and of it's obligation in the United Nations. What happened here is that the Israeli action should be condemned and strongly sanctioned by the Security Council of the UN because Israel is acting outside the law of the international community.
    Rules for some and rules for others to break it seems. The sooner the US asserts some sort
    of pressure on Israel to refrain from doing as it wants, the sooner the threat of terrorism will
    be reduced in America. To not publicly condone this action is publicly supporting it, as would
    be seen by the people of the region on the receiving end of Israel's "Munich" list tactics.

For the full interveiw go to dateline

Scandinavian guys
    were in the habit of taking baths...
    lol, ok I forgive them. They taught my ancestors how to "warsh thee bottom" and build cool ships.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Banned
    Not to mention they brought Nokia's with them!

I don't see how the items you mentioned are anti semitic. Being able to divide the state's actions from its people is the key here. Israel, like any state, is not a law unto itself and must behave accordingly. Where there is a disconnect is in the actions of the state. It would therefore stand to reason that if one disagreed with its actions that would be a mark against the state of Israel and not against the poeple residing there.

My opinion.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Originally posted here by gold eagle
    I don't see how the items you mentioned are anti semitic. Being able to divide the state's actions from its people is the key here. Israel, like any state, is not a law unto itself and must behave accordingly. Where there is a disconnect is in the actions of the state. It would therefore stand to reason that if one disagreed with its actions that would be a mark against the state of Israel and not against the poeple residing there.

My opinion.
    I agree with you entirely. The point of the thread was to get those people who think otherwise to present their arguments to the contrary. As you can see, none have been presented thus far, leading me to believe that those who cannot separate these two concepts are being influenced by other factors (e.g. religion).

The point of the thread was to get those people who think otherwise to present their arguments to the contrary.
    OK, There is a world of difference between criticizing the actions of a state
    and saying that it is illegitimate, and has no right to exist.
    I am a fierce critic of my own gov't and take no offense if foreigners
    express their honest disagreements with my gov't.

But the minute you say that my nation-state has no right to exist,
    you have attacked me, and my safety and security. What other agency is
    charged with the grave responsibility of protecting the people
    from invasion, bombing, rape and destruction, if not the nation-state.

Criticize the present administration all you want, but I have no choice
    but to consider an attack on my nation's right to exist as an attack
    on me. I am sure you would probably feel the same in my shoes.

Nations that allow themselves to be dismantled by their enemies leave their
    populations open to every concievable danger.

http://www.geocities.com/iturks/html/documents_1.html
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

agreed. rcgreen you have put a good point out here. Criticize actions, not the right to exist.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.