I was very surprised to see that my post in the bookmarks thread was the only to show under a search for "Bodacion."

http://www.bodacion.com/

This web appliance is likely the most secure single level server on the market. It is immune from all remote server level attacks including cracker, viruses, and worms.

The system runs Java web applications, utilizes domain based access controls or "compartments", effectively has a read only operating system with no command interface.

Its encryption technology is interesting, but my knowledge on such things is limited to the bare minimum to not bomb that CBK on the CISSP.

The site makes a lot of bold claims, but the majority of them are completely true, a few of the claims have a smidge of spin. For example the server cannot effectively protect objects from subjects in the same compartment even if the subject does not have explicit rights over the object. (multi-user web hosting for a simple example)

The true benefits of this system is the fact that it has essentially no administration requirements. Essentially no security configuration, no patching, no unusual access controls, no complicated rules files... I would guess that anyone who was familiar enough with computers to use MS Office could effectively run a secure and stable HYDRA server.

Anyhow I figured this would be of interest to some of you perhaps.

catch