Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: can government force you to reveal the crypto key

Actually under the Patriot Act a government agency does have to obtain a subpoena/warrant, but they get it through a secret court that doesnt have to reveal its records, and when exercising the document they arent even require to show it to you, or to tell you that they have been in your house to search it.

2pumpChump > if you want an interesting conspiracy, check out the connections the Bush family has with the bin Ladens and Saudi Royal Family through the Carlye Group :P Thats some questionable **** there.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

[that’s interesting [referring to what DARKES had to say], I had no idea that's the way things worked over in the U.K...but actually I shouldn't be surprised. What I should be surprised about is the fact that the U.S. didn't so it sooner in actuality.

Oh on the issue on "going through a secret court", lets be realistic...this is not a movie...there are no secret courts and all of that other movie garbage. The most secret court we have is a military tribunal and that's it. the very existence of a "secret court" that the gov would receive a subpoena would undermine the very fabric of what this countries legal system was built upon and rests upon. However, I will concur with the Bush/Saudi reference. Heck, Fl. Gov. Bush was involved with a social security scam head deep which couple of years ago that cost every citizen just over a $1,000, but few people knew about that because it was easily overlooked. People wouldn't really notice paying an extra grand on their taxes. Oh yea, that’s' how they got the $...they tacked it on to ur taxes to pay it back.]
    [Lord Viczerez::Emperor of the Viczerian Empire]
    ::GO UCF KNIGHTS:: ^_~ ::
    [RiceBoy1782@hotmail.com]

They can crack it, if they cant, you will be arrested for obstruction of justice and/or threat to national security, unfortunately this is how it is, look at what happened to openBSD, very strong encryption so strong the US Gov couldnt crack it. now they are prevented from operating / selling inside the US

Today with the Forensics Technology the Government dont even to be in the same area code to get all of your Hidden and cryp files, Have you seen ENCASE ENT. Edition.... This Stuff is scary. They Can Just Run it on your ISP's Network and Hunt you Down like and a scared rabbit and then they can make bit for bit copies of all your files......makes me scared

First they will have to prove it in court that this is nessesery to have a key. At least in U.S.A.

[Don't be fooled, in the U.S.A, they really don't have to prove in the court that they need it. They can subpoena your cat if that want to cause they want to test his stool drooping in an IRS fraud cause. I know that is outlandish, but that's how it is, espically if the Attorney[ies] are in good with the Judge.]
    [Lord Viczerez::Emperor of the Viczerian Empire]
    ::GO UCF KNIGHTS:: ^_~ ::
    [RiceBoy1782@hotmail.com]

We've seen here and in the media at least 2 cases of government abuse of the patriot act. It's not as secret as it seems.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Some serious paranoia around here...

I doubt they will ever ask you to give them your key. They may take it, but if that happens maybe you shouldn't be ranting about the government, but stop to think what you were doing that caused them to feel the need to do that.
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

Forgive me, because I don't know much about the electriconics side of this, but apparently when you hit a key on the keyboard it sends out some kind of electric pulse or something and
    the government has a van that can record this. Therefore, they can lift your password right when you type it. This is why the government uses shielding in their computer labs to keep this from leaking out. How do I get some of this shielding, you ask? The government made it where you have to have a permit to install it. I wonder how easy it is to obtain one of those, and if you hired a company to install it for you, I am sure the government would be curious as to who the customers are.

ImbibedParasite > i've never heard of that before, but 24" of concrete with another 18" of lead should stop any snooping of that nature, of course that is also more expensive than anyone would want to pay for some privacy.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0