Thread: external HD

external HD

newbie question here.... I am thinking of buying a laptop.....i have a pretty fast desktop with some irreplaceable stuff on the HD ......so....is it possible to hook my old HD up to my new laptop using some product? thank you ....

Try Laplink.

Cheers:
    DjM

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    You can purchase external HD cases if you want to run the HD directly off the Laptop. As an example: http://www.baber.com/cases/drive_enclosures/

Just put "external hard drive bays" into a Google search.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

gosh you guys respond quick...awesome....one last thing if you dont mind.....my little cousin, who is now chained to the back fence....managed to go online and infect my desktop HD with all these programs running in the background....i think this is before i got a firewall and virus scanner and stuff...btw, the programs have a .exe at the end and use ungodly amounts of resources....might i corrupt my hopefully pristine new laptop by hooking up an old HD via firewire...thank you again!

Downlaod Spybot, and Ad-aware and scan your computer
    www.lavasoftusa.com -- Ad aware
    http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10...ml?tag=lst-0-1 -- Spybot

As far as moving your data, why not just set up a little network and transfer everything you need over the network?
    =

Old Fart
    It's a tad expensive, but it is the best all around backup drive on the market.

And it's an MP3 player too!!

Just a thought....
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...