Thread: AntiOnline Quick Forum Version2

AntiOnline Quick Forum Version2

For those who dont know "AntiOnline Quick Forum" is a little project i'm working on and would like to donate to the AO community. This little program allows you to view the most recent posts, reply to them, and asign them AP's all without having to goto AO from a browser. This program's soul purpose is to make it easier on people that only wish to see the newest posts or see if their's has been replied to.

In the next version you will be able to minumize the program, it will check for updates every minut or so, and then display a message telling you that there is a new post, and it will ask you if you would like to view it. Hopefully it will also be able to keep track of your posts and tell you when someone replies to it.

I found this project fun and i hope the AO community will enjoy my donation.

This version contains:
    Assign Antipoints
    Reply to post
    Information about user and their reply
    Visit AO works
    View post work great.
    A lot more updates.

Please tell me what you think my this little program, and please feel free to give me any ideas.

Sorry, the reason i didn't post it here was because this is not a code, it is a compiled project.

I just thought that this post would get etter use being where people can see it. Or even if the Code Review posts would show up on the index page.

baiscly i just want this to be seen, not reviewd. No harm done. But if possible could it be moved back?
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    It's been finally moved to GCC. I'm sorry but I don't see the security portion of this. This is a great addition for windows users but it's not security.

And as I suggested, put a link to the thread into your sig. How do you think I get the newsletter out? Having it appear on the front page does little as it appears for a few min. Having it in my sig and being an active part of the community ensures that it's seen more often.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: AntiOnline Quick Forum Version2

Originally posted here by spools.exe

My output from this version

Arg, and it's not open source.

**spits**

i'm still thinkaing about releasing the source. I found a few items that a user could probably exploit. Such as unlimited AP assignments, make nother assign Ap to someone else, regular users can close threads, and so fourth. So i guesse that the source code is just going to stay locked away in my computer forever.

Those exploits that i named are not tested but it looks quite possible.

DO NOT PM ME ABOUT THE EXPLOITS!!!!

QUESTION: did anyone else get the same error as jm459?

heh, with or without the source, it can still be exploited.

yes, but with a source code makes it much easier. And many more people can do it.