Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UDP 1025 grrr....

UDP 1025 grrr....

How might I go about shutting down UDP port 1025 on my XP machine? I have a firewall and all that, I just want to stop this port from listening period.

This is the only remaining port open on my box. I have googled this but most of the information I am finding is about linux or just plain not helpful.

I would be very thankful if you guys can help me out with this.

/Armed

Elite Hacker
    Have you been playing blackjack lately. That is the port that blackjack in XP uses to play with other people on the net. At least that is what the port assignment is. It could be a different game. If you are playing it that is probably the problem, if you are not, it really shouldn't be doing anything if you aren't playing it. That's my 2 cents, anyone else.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    use fport from here to determine what it is holding the port open.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

No, not too much into blackjack. Hehe...

Tiger:

I downloaded and read the short text file that comes with fport, but I am running into a small problem.

When I try and run that fport.exe it simply flashes on the screen and disappears!? So I go to the command prompt and type fport and it doesn't recognize what fport is. What the heck is that about? Sorry if that is a dumb question...

On the flipside I do run Active Ports and its showing no path for port 1025 UDP. Just shows this:

0.0.0.0 1025 LISTEN UDP

You have to run fport from the command prompt or use the /k switch to hold the command prompt open.... Oh, and you have to change to the right directory to run it.... Find where you put it and get to that dir through the command prompt.....

Make it easy on yourself.... copy it to the root of C: and type:-

cd\
    fport

that'll work
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

I think that 1025 blacjack comes up on every xp computer when you run a port scanner against them, you can usually connect to them via telnet but im not aware of anything that you can run once you do connect to it.

There is no daemon(s) as far as I am aware other than network BJ on this port, so I dont think there is any worries there!

However the following trojans all use this port: Fraggle Rock, md5 Backdoor, NetSpyand Remote Storm.

There is prob more now but these are the ones I can remember reading from somewhere that use port 1025.

Right you were Tiger, that did the trick.

Well, fport is telling me that it's firebird. Active Ports showed nothing. I'll take fport's word for it.

There is no daemon(s) as far as I am aware other than network BJ on this port, so I dont think there is any worries there!
    That's good, I once read that if a port has a daemon then it can be hacked.

Thanks for the info guys! Big help.

I can't stand any ports open, so I'm gonna revert back to mozilla. Mozilla never required 1025 to listen at all times. Not that I am aware of anyway.

/Armed

Armed.... What's firebird? I can't be bothered to search for it..... too many hits on google...

Do you know what it is?

I think Armed means Mozilla's speedy little brother Firebird.
    [shadow]Prepare ship for ludicrous speed![/shadow]

Well my most likley suspect for Firebird.. was a pontiac.. but we are a computer related site.. sooooo
    this was my Second suspect (after the car): http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/

cheers
    (using mozilla on knoppix)
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr