Originally posted here by michael737n

If said child buys omputer and is regestered to them it is the child computer legally hence giving the parent no unauthorized access to the computer.

im 14 and i agree whole heartedly

scouts rock
You hit the nail on the head! You are 14, therefore you are a minor. Unless you are being abused, your so called "rights" stop at the front door of your parents house.

But the good news is that, if you feel strongly about your parents monitoring your activities, you can reasess you situation when you turn 18. And oh, did I mention you will need to get your own place to live, buy a car (to include the insurance and maintenance), buy your own food, pay for your utility usage, and pay taxes to support the military that exists so you can surf on your computer anonymously (sort of).

Also as a minor you do not legally "own" anything your parents do not consent to you possessing.

Since you are 14 I guess you have the right to whine. However, I advise you to think about how your parents are providing for you before you complain about being supervised. Also I would love to hear your opinion on this issue in about 15 - 20 years. Hee Hee.