Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: window XP password

Old Fart
    You can always try logging in to the computer in safe mode as the admin (an administrator login will show up on the welcome screen)...if your computer shipped with XP preinstalled then you should be able to just push enter when prompted for the password. From there you can change the properties of each account and turn the tables on your brother.

Short of that, I'd follow whizkids advice and kick his ass....as a matter of fact, I'd kick his ass even if I did get the problem solved just to make him think twice about messing with my computer next time!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

wow there are a lot of answers to this one anyway you can use l0pht crack duh........although it is kinda a lame program it will make your lameness level shoot up in the air, btw i agree with whizkid2300 partition your HD and install a much better OS possibly without the crashing GUI

oh this story is some crazy ..... but aks your brother is the easy way.. eh

Здесь Вы идете хороший приятель из России с любовью

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforum...=7474#post7474

I have an easy solution: just wait till you're brother forgets to logout ,he will eventually, and then just make yourself an admin. Or if he don't forget to logout then just look over his shoulder when he's typing. Both are very simple solutions.

um if this is local go 2 cmd you said you have guest rights go 2 start run type in command then go net user administrator * and it will let you change the password

solution

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS THE MACHINE IS IN FACT YOURS AS YOU PREVIOUSLY STATED
    YOU COULD SERIOUSLY DAMAGE IT!

Okay you are going to need a few things for this

1. Knoppix (preferally Knoppix std) you can get this on bittorrent or at www.knoppix.net
    2. Saminside get it (<a href="http://www.topshareware.com/SAMInside-transfer-5188.htm">here</a>
    3. L0phtcrack get it <a href="http://www.atstake.com/products/lc/download.html">here</a>
    4. An angelfire account will help (as an FTP server, one of those usb thumdrives will work well too)

1. Pop in knoppix std cd
    2. Turn off your computer
    3. turn your computer back on
    4. set your bios to boot from a cd (it should pop up an option asking you where you want to boot from, select your cd-rom drive)
    5. From Knoppix go to C:\Windows\system32\config (it might be called something like win_c instead of just C:\)
    6. Copy all of these files (you really only need the sam and the system files (get the bigger ones there is accompanying text files with the same names look at the file size and get the bigger ones)) to either the aforementioned angelfire account, usb thumbdrive, or try another folder on you Hd.

NOW SHUT DOWN KNOPPIX IT WILL PROMPT YOU TO TAKE OUT THE CD, DO SO AND RESTART THE COMPUTER BACK INTO WINDOWS

7. Start up sam inside us sam inside to open the sam and system files (sam first then it will prompt you to open the system file too)
    8. Extract these files to i believe a .pwd file
    9. Open l0pht crack, if you don't have a dictionary file already you can find them on the web just google one. Set the preferances to use said dictionary file. Then run the crack.

9.2 if it doesn't crack the pwd try using a bigger dictionary file, or add words you think your bro would use, if he is a lord of the rings fanatic add all the characters names, if he likes cars, add the cars names, etc. you get the idea.

if you are nervous about doing any of this, or you don't understand it, or you can't install one of the programs or need me to help in any way at all e-mail me at blhack2000@yahoo.com

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T DO THIS ON ANY COMPUTER EXCEPT ONE THAT IS YOUR PROPERTY OR THAT YOU HAVE PERMISSION FROM THE OWNER TO DO SO ON.
    Even if your plane crashed tonight you\'d find some way to disappoint by not burning in the wreckage or drowning at the bottom of the sea