Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Site upgrade, bugs, etc.

Banned
    Also the most downloaded files in someones profile are empty when you download them, because i downloaded a file from allenb1963 yesterday and i needed it today and a blank ZIP file came. Also my signature picture and profile picture are dissapearding. When i visited today ( after the upgrade) it was there and an hour later it was gone.

edit: The "alter images" in the update Signature section of the site feature doesn't work. a "can not display page" error displays.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    hey intmon , good you upgrade and work on bugs. That we like.

But, you now have two things that suck on the main page, first the logo , than this banner.
    Whats the next step ? A 5 minutes-long-forced-to-watch-add-intro ?

Oh well,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Intmon, I have to say that the site is faster and that the search function is more accurate. Thx. Two things many members of the community where asking for.

Banned
    Also i think the Antipoints given out are messed up because a posts status was "very negative" for no reason and i tried to give him some greenies and after i gave him some it said "negative" but before the upgrade it would have went from "very negative" to "somewhat positive". Tx for listening to our suggestions and finds.

Banned
    MemorY > That is not necessarily an upgrade-bug: remember that the number of antipoints you give out depends on a lot of factors: your amount of antipoints of course, your balance, and more important in your case, the forum in which you give your antipoints (Tutorials for example is worth more than GCC). Also, a couple of weeks/months ago, the AP-system was tuned. Generally, your antipoints are only worth half of what they used to be...

Thanks for all the replies and comments folks. Due to all the various hacks that were added to the system before we got the site, the vB upgrade was a tedious project. Before we launched the upgraded version we went through and fixed many of the bugs that were previously reported in the Oops a Bug forum, as well as many other bugs we found that were caused by the upgrade. I'm sure we'll continue to find 'em as we move forward. We are much more familiar with the system as a result of the upgrade, and changes won't take as long going forward, which is a great thing.

As for the ad on the home page, it is the typical sized ad you see on most commercial sites, and even so, it's the only ad on the page. My goal is to continue to make the site a better place for the community. Some things we can do, others we can't, but we certainly appreciate all of your thoughts, suggestions and constructive criticisms.
    Thanks,
    intmon

well, I for one appreciate the work you (and mnstrgrl and any others) have done intmon.

might I suggest a few things ?

1. give us a list of things that were fixed.. if it's not too much trouble.
    2. go through the oops a bug threads and close all the ones resolved. (when time permits)
    3. at some point , archive all the old bugs threads or delete them.

questions.. are we to assume that the newsgroups aren't coming back ?
    no great loss but it was something that a few of us kept their eyes on.

I also notice that the little java games.. hangman, battleship.. etc are gone..
    Are they also a thing of the past, never to return ? (battleship was pretty neat for the totally bored.. hehe..)

Jut wanted to thow u a great job on the site post. runs much better after the upfdate.

jenjen: try google forthe news groups they have a great archive.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

yes.. bballad.. I know I can always search /view newsgroups in google.. but JP had picked ones especially "tuned" to the hacker community and it was convienent to have them "onboard"

note : (partial retraction) it seems that the tools and toys (my battleship game) are NOT gone, it's just that I can't seem to find the link to it from the main page..

http://www.antionline.com/tools-and-toys/

"hey.. you sunk my battleship"... hehe..

Thanks for the kind words folks!

As far as the newsgroups, we may at some point get a news server, but for now we don't have one available. About the Toys and Tools, the whois needed some serious work, as did the IP locator. Once we get caught up with all the bugs from the upgrade (and we're getting there!), we'll take another look at getting those two tools up to par.

Thanks for the other suggestions--those about the Ooops a Bug forum sound like good ones!
    intmon