I just had a question on what you thought would be the best thing to do. Right now I have a Dell 8100, it's about 3 years old, it has a 1.3 GHz, 256 DDRAM, and it's simply said, SLOW! Now we are looking into getting an other computer. What I do on the comps is, keep up websites, I'm trying to get to know hack/programing like yall here (it's harder than i thought..lol), and just basic word processing and other general things. I personally am a Dell fan, but there is a great deal at Costco on this Gateway that has a 3.06 GHz processor, 1G of memory (if I remember correctly), 19" flat pannel monitor and a few other things that I don't really recall. It is an older model and the hardwear in it is a little out dated, but barely. If I remember correctly it is between $1300 and $1800, but that is compared to $3000. Now you are all probably going to say, build your own or have it built but what ever I do don't go and spend the money on buying on from a company like Dell, Gateway, IBM, ect.. Well I tried to do that, but my fokes just won't go for it. They are convenced that if you do something like htat, you are bound to get a computer that is messed up and will never work correctly. But hey, it's mostly their money, so how can I complain...lol So if you guys have some good imput. I'm thinking the Gateway from costco is going to work just fine. I just need a machine that is faster has a larger compasity, Oh, that reminds me, the Costco hardrive was a 250. Anyways, any imput would be great.

-thx!