Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Longhorn on Sale?

Originally posted here by bludgeon
    I read this on CNN, said that the copy was from a demo shown in LA. . .heh heh, funny, made it all that way to be sold for a buck fity. The M$ spokesman said that he didn't think it was 'safe' to use on your comp., even though it's prolly the product, w/ no changes, they'll be pushing on us on '05.
    in which case it's definately not safe for use.

Talking

Ah well, i saw the article last july or so in the Brit comp mag PCWorld about Palladium and Longhorn and how people were eagerly downloading the beta offline. Meh..I want to find that.

Anyone can win, unless there\'s a second entry. Signature image is too tall!

Well then again when is it ever. Its good to see people pushing the limits and showing microsoft that they arent as secure as they should be. But then again betas get leaked all the time so its not really showing anyone anything. Oh well too much for my brain now its hurting.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

Go on down to Chinatown my man, and Im sure youll find it. Yay.

bludgeon: it was displayed at the PDC confrence last month, some of my coworkers went, there is no UI to speak of, or file structure, and it expires two days after use. This thing isn't even beta the real longhorn will be much difrent.

more over this wasn't a leak of a beta, they handed out the demo CD to every one how attended the PDC...its a free demo that some one is selling for $1.50 on the street.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Hmmm, ballad. . .not arguing but why do people on this site have screenshots of LH from more than a month ago if it has no UI or file structure?
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

bballad: You're wrong about that, buddy. I found and downloaded (to see what it'd be like) a Beta of Longhorn about two months ago, and it installed perfectly on a spare PC of mine, and runs just fine. I can show you as many screenshots of it as you want, but it's not that pleasing. There's a really, really stupid sidebar thing that I can't get to go away that has a clock in it and crap. Anyways, just saying, there IS a GUI, by all means.

my friend has a copy of longhorn, but he hasn't really gotten to test it out and see what it can do or can't do. i was gonna put it on one of my machines, but i haven't gotten around to it. anywho, thinking about switching to linux or unix...any suggestions from the more advanced users?

Hmm...I wonder if they'll sell the source code. :-P
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

by the way, why there are lots of piracy in Asia?.. bcoz we can't aford to buy it.... as for me, my monthly salary is only MYR$ 1300 (rate MYR to US$ is 1 : 3.8) if i bought a pc fully equipped with original m$ office and winxp it will sum up to &gt;2 times my monthly salary..
    That is what happen here.. that is why nowdays i use more linux than windows, only at work i use m$ original products...

Maybe the piracy will end if microsoft decide to cut their price much lower here.. (hehehe..in my dreams they'll cut it!)

just my 2 cents..

I live in JohorBahru... maybe i try to look up for longhorn this evening....