Thread: Port 1025

Question Port 1025

Does anybody know how close port 1025???

thanks for the info h3r3tic but it does not help me much. I have Outpost pro and win2k, how do I go about closing it??

Elite Hacker
    It does allow you to create rules right? You should be able to create a rule to block/deny tcp connections to port 1025 and udp connections to port 1025. If you don't know how to do this, there should be a manual with your firewall, and you can try google. Someone who uses outpost may also come along and post in detail how to set a rule to block/deny this traffic. Good Luck.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    A firewall will just block a port. To close the port you need to stop the service. The port in question is often associated with WIndows 2000 Task Scheduler, NetSpy trojan, blackjack trojan and/or network game BlackJack.

The question is: how much do you need the task scheduler running (assuming that is the service running it)? If you don't need it, go to the Services panel and stop it (as well as prevent it from starting up).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

The question is: how much do you need the task scheduler running (assuming that is the service running it)? If you don't need it, go to the Services panel and stop it (as well as prevent it from starting up).
    I believe taskscheduler is used by at least Norton Anti-Virus (for on-access checking and a few other things).
    I had it disabled in Windows Xp but I am not in windows atm so I cannot check.
    To disable this port from listening (iirc) you need to edit some of the svhost (or was it svchost) entries in the registry.
    Use google to search the microsoft site for exact details

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->Software--> Microsoft--> Ole--> Enable DCOM Set it's value to a N instead of the Y thats shown.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->Software--> Microsoft--> Rpc Once there, take a look over at the right hand panel and you'll see "DCOM protocols", double click it. Do not modify the entire value, but instead only remove ncacn_ip_tcp from the DCOM Protocols value, and leave everything else untouched.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SYSTEM-->CurrentControlSet-->Services-->NetBT-->Paramaters now look in the right hand panel at TransportBindName and double click it. It should have a value set of "/device/" just remove it and your good to go.

I think it was one of these, although I'm not completely sure. This is what I do after a fresh install and a bunch of other stuff with a custom registry tweak I made over at blackviper.com . I highly recommend takeing a trip over there and making your very own, really saves you a bunch of time.

For me, Sygate always holds open port 1025 on my machine, but when I am running Outpost it goes away immediately.

If I am wrong about anything here, feel free to slap some sense into me...