Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: telnet hacking

telnet hacking

somebody explain telnet hacking
    Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Hrmm... Nice broad topic. What exactly do you mean by "telnet hacking"? Hacking the telnet protocol? Using telnet to hack? Perhaps you can be more specific.

But, before you are that, might want to RTFM
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Uhm, did you notice this is a security site?
    And also, how polite is that? You tell us: explain telnet hacking
    Well I tell you: go away
    BTW: Ever heard about google?

EDIT: MsMittens, isn't he rude? Why would you push him in the right direction? He tells us to explain it to him?? If he added a "please" that might change the case...
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    *Sigh*

Another turd floating in the AO toilet bowl. Why don't moderators just pull useless posts like this?
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Hi saintakaagni,

A few friendly words of advice from one old enough to be your grandfather:

Whilst we all appreciate being brief and to the point, you must be specific to be to the point? also a few social skills help......this is not a telegram, you are not paying by the letter

Basically the answer to what might be meant by your question would fill a 500 page book, so you are not going to get a satisfactory answer unless you narrow the question down.

Might I suggest that you spend a few hours browsing some of the previous discussions on this site, so as to get a feel for the "style" that gets the best responses.

Please do not take this as a criticism, we were all new once

Cheers

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    MsMittens, isn't he rude? Why would you push him in the right direction? He tells us to explain it to him?? If he added a "please" that might change the case...
    Why wouldn't I push him in the right direction? Just because someone is rude to me doesn't mean I won't try to help them. Sometimes it can be a language issue (which is what I suspect is the case). Rather than assuming that he/she is deliberating trying to be rude, I'd rather make the mistake and assume they know very little english or how to write english properly and give them the benefit of the doubt. (I suspect this is the case based on the name of the individual)

As a professor I met a lot of students where english is a second language. Often they are embarassed to try to speak it for fear of ridicule or making a big blunder. People make mistakes but rather than admonish them on their mistakes I'd rather show them some kindness and support for even trying. Even those where english isn't a second language haven't been taught proper netiquette or how to deal with social situations. Again, the same thing applies.

I've found more success with this method than with flaming them back. It requires more patience and a longer fuse but it does pay off, IMHO, in the long run.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I totally agree with Miss Mitts on this :

Sometimes it can be a language issue (which is what I suspect is the case). Rather than assuming that he/she is deliberating trying to be rude, I'd rather make the mistake and assume they know very little english or how to write english properly and give them the benefit of the doubt. (I suspect this is the case based on the name of the individual)

Dr_Evil

i too agree with MsMittens.
    saintakaagni: AO is a place where we share our experience and knowledge. i'm a newbie here too, but i realize how things are. and as nihil said, telnet is a large issue. by the way, remember this is not a learn-to-hack site. in fact, u simply can't learn to really hack reading posts on a site, any site. u must learn by yourself, read, experience. we can help u and guide u (u should read this, i recommend that and that, try this, etc.), but we can't (and i surely can't) teach u how to hack. so please try and be more specific. cheers.
    consoleknight.

Re: telnet hacking

Originally posted here by saintakaagni
    somebody explain telnet hacking
    The definition pretty much says it all T33kiDD

Telnet is a protocol for remote computing on the Internet. It allows a computer to act as a remote terminal on another machine, anywhere on the Internet. This means that when you telnet to a particular host and port, the remote computer (which must have a telnet server) accepts input directly from your computer (which must have a telnet client) and output for your session is directed to your screen. There are many library and information resources that are accessible through telnet.

Basically its the internet standard protocol for remote login. Runs on top of TCP/IP. Defined in STD 8, RFC 854 and extended with options by many other RFCs. Unix BSD networking software includes a program, telnet, which uses the protocol and acts as a terminal emulator for the remote login session. Sometimes abbreviated to TN. TOPS-10 had a similar program called IMPCOM.

Definition: (internet) (google use it )[n] a computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange

Synonyms: cyberspace

See Also: computer network

http://labs.google.com/glossary

well as MsMittens said before, be more specific, use the search feature on the main page and see if people have posted similar things before, becuase they undoubtedly have, there is a good tutorial index to start from posted by negative http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=133897
    it is a pretty extensive index, many thanks to negative and the others for all these.

also as previously mentioned by MsMittens, this site is for learning to protect yourself from hackers, and thier methods, not just learning to "hack' if you will, to use it against others, this is not the purpose of the site.
    speak your mind becuase those who matter don\'t mind and those who mind don\'t matter