Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: telnet hacking

Elite Hacker
    If anyone was wondering who bumped this thread from negative to somewhat positive it was me. I like to use positive enforcement to try and push the new one's in the right direction. I don't like how someone can ask one dumb question and get banned or almost banned. Even if they aren't banned all it takes is a couple of negative comments and the person never wants to visit this site again. I'm sure most of us started out by wondering how to hack something and slowly swayed toward how to prevent something from being hacked. I think that we can turn this person into someone who will prevent hacks instead of commit them. If the problem with the member persists that is generally when I start to neg them, not on one bad post or even two or three. Give them a chance people.

sorry to disagree MsMittens, that's crap, it ain't cute. u know a lot of people read these threads, and many of them are newbies, what's the point in getting them into trouble. ahh, i know: it's easy cause they know little. i've been in this bussiness quite a while now, and always had considered that taking advantage of newbies is mediocre in the least. u know, if u want to be great, learn from the greatest. if u want to be a true hacker, hack true targets.
    consoleknight.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    sorry to disagree MsMittens, that's crap, it ain't cute. u know a lot of people read these threads, and many of them are newbies, what's the point in getting them into trouble. ahh, i know: it's easy cause they know little. i've been in this bussiness quite a while now, and always had considered that taking advantage of newbies is mediocre in the least. u know, if u want to be great, learn from the greatest. if u want to be a true hacker, hack true targets.
    I assume that you are referring to the two posts I've since deleted. Perhaps it's not the newbies that they want to get into trouble but maybe Antionline. Or perhaps to see how many people would click it. Who knows. Not everyone will look at the code before clicking.

Do you think that no one should mention it and just leave it be so that anyone can click it?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

first, sorry if i was a bit rude. second, i think u shouldn't place it back. many visitors are newbies, and i don't see why they should get into trouble due to AO. i don't know, it's just an opinion. sorry again!
    consoleknight.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    second, i think u shouldn't place it back.
    It's deleted permanently unless someone else posts it.

It's also a question of ethics of the poster. Perhaps the question should be to the poster who put it there in the first place.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

The link that got deleted :
    1. Had nothing to do with telnet.
    2. Could have been obscured <like you do against spam bots> so that people dont click it by accident.

MsM was right in deleting it.

What admin in there right mind uses telnet these days?:

sorry about it htis is my first time of starting a thread so please excuse me i want to know whether if we get accces to a computer through telnet how to place a file in it
    (thanks for advise grandpa)
    Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire

well, correct me if im wrong, but i dont think you can send a file via telnet...also, telnet data is transferred in clear text, so if a line is being sniffed it can be easily read. the better alternative is SSH, or secure shell. it's just like telnet, only more secure. if you want to transfer files i think you want FTP...

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Telnet is a tool to connect to remote servers on a specified port.