Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AO Clan

AO Clan

This has come up time and time again - why dont we start our own CS clan for AO??

well I think its about time we did - cheyenne has found a place that will do a dedicated CS server for about $40 a month which seems reasonable - and i am willing to do the clan site etc

all we need is people who are intrested and want to play!!

you do not need any experience as we can walk you through it - but some experience of some kind of FPS would be nice!!

If you are intrested in joing up please let us know in the thread - thanks

v_Ln

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I would be all for it. I currently admin 3 CS servers a Battlefield 1942 server, and a Desert Combat mod server.

Getting our own server could be cool, and I know just the admin tools to put on it to make it 100%. Questions is, do you want 1.5 or 1.6? 1.6 is still very very buggy IMO.

We could use the teamspeak server to own all also

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Oh yeah.. The BF server and the Desert Comabat servers are almost always empty. We just put them up. I'm sure we could use those servers for the clan. So we could add BF1942 and DC to the clan.

And with the teamspeak voice server, you can talk to each other while playing the bf1942/dc. BF also has a buddly feature where you can actually make all your buddies appear green instead of ther normal blue. Makes it easy to spot your clan members and organize assaults.

xmad : prolly stick with 1.5 for meantime until they tidy 1.6 up a bit
    well if you have a server going free that would be cool - but for CS not BF1942
    CS really anyone can play - is cheap to buy (retail version or halflife) and will run on the most basic spec computer (like mine!!)
    I need to get my copy of halflife back off guy from work tho - dont even have CS installed atm >_<;

v_Ln

I would consider it, if I can manage to get games playing properly through my router...
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I think CS 1.6 better lol for me at least...I use steam and the CS on it is 1.6
    I just cant get a working 1.5 lol

Scriptkiddie18

you can't get 1.5 working?? all you do is install the correct patches - simple

v_Ln

Well I'm definitely all for it.

If we had a BF/DC server to, that would be fine. I 'll have to get CS, but thats no problem.
    The teamspeak thing would be good to. Its always easier to say something than having to type it. lol

Now that $40 was only for a 8 player server. Not sure how many would actually be playing.

Number of people 8 12 16 Per player.
    Halflife: Counterstrike $40 $60 $80 $5
    now that is from http://www.fragism.com/prices.phtml and this would be a private server and not public so it would be password protected.

Hers some more prices on a public server
    http://www.vskgamingservers.com/halflife.php

That goes all the way up to 32 player

I think that ones the cheapest, as for a 16 man server its only 50 dollars. But I need to see if we could set a password on that..

I'll do some more research and check it out.

=

ya would need to be able to set a password for traingin/clan matches - plus will need to be a very fast server as am in UK and dont want to be pure laggy

v_Ln

http://www.vskgamingservers.com/datacenter.php

Take a look at those pictures there. lol They got a lot of equipment.

VSK Gaming Servers is currently housed in The United States Bandwidth Exchange Building located in downtown St.Louis, MO. Our multihomed network consists of some of the the fastest pipes in the world with speeds reaching in the upwards of 9.6GB per/sec "OC-192". This facility that houses the servers that we host our games utilizes Border Gateway Protocol technology with backbones from all the major bandwith providers like At&t, UUNet, Level 3 & QWest to ensure superior routing.
    I don't think speed should be a problem. lol
    =