Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: marijuana

marijuana

This from the AntiO Cosmos sub-offices of "Random News and Another Reason why Canada is ahead of the USA and I am moving there ASAP"
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/interne...eut/index.html

It will initially target medical users but says the market could grow if Canada confirms legislation, currently under review, that would mean the possession of up to 15 grams of cannabis (just over half an ounce) would NOT be a criminal offense. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I think this is kewl, rockin' the ganj has been discussed and the thread recently closed . . . http://www.antionline.com/showthread...&pagenumber=3.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

hello

I definitely support marijuana legalization. Smoke it up...
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

It's been legal in Alaska since the 70s...? When I lived in Anchorage back in the late 80s you could have 4 ounces.

That settles it, I'm moving to Alaska...
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Or you could just smoke illegally like most people who smoke.. Har HAr

-Cheers-

Ah sh1t, other people replied, now I have to. The US has been deluged w/ requests to legalize marijuana by Arizona, California, Nevada and Montana for many reasons under the hopes of medicinal uses. It won't work. . .the route the people are taking in legislation has been struck down too many times. Marijuana has been classified as a schedule I drug, yup, right up there with heroin, and will remain there until people accept a different spin on things. Alaska aside, people are placed in prison for six years or more for possesing an ounce of spliff. Harmless, otherwise law abiding citizens, are taken away from their families b/c they were stopped w/ some weed and placed in max. sec. prisons b/c of holding some grass. A violent rapist can get out on good behavior in four years, but my friend has to spend six years in lock up for inhaling an herb, heh. Anywho. . .my point. . .I don't think Canada will come any closer to legalising mj than the US has. . .they're going on the same points (ie it's not that harmful, it can help people, it could increase tax income). Maybe if some politician would bring on a new slant, hmmmm, like say, hemp is a more readily and cheaply produced source of fabric, things would change. Grow it in fields, process it and make me some jeans, show how it can produce a function (and to the US, make some money) and it might be considered. Once it's in society it may be acceptable, again, as a recreational release, but until it is seen as benificial beyond the uses of stoners in common use it won't ever be legalized.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

You are telling me that people with no prior conviction are hauled of to jail for 6 years because they had a joint? I thought the courts were a little more lenient. I get your point though, to much effort is being wasted on trivial pursuits. Now if you had a garbage bag full of it I could see the jail time under current laws? In actuality, at least in my town - which is ultra conservative - possession is a misdemeanor and a damn 100 dollar fine. That sucks. You fail to appear in court you could get 6 months. GO TO COURT. Now if you sell it, that’s where you get the 2 to 4 years and on up depending on the amount, I think it’s harsh, so I am with you on that. If you have 100 lbs you are going to have the same sentence as a murderer or rapist depending on the degree at which those violent crimes are charged. Is that fair, hell no! Some hippy growing pot on his farm and being busted with it on his tractor isn’t a rapist or a murder. Hell a tree isn’t even in danger of being hurt.

The hemp cultivation angle could work but law makers are reluctant because it (in their eyes) sends the message that drug use is OK. Oh here is the link I got the info from, very interesting.

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group...view=penalties