Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Graphics Card

My Graphics Card

ok i recently received an AGP graphics card right, so i pop this bad boy in and try to boot up my computer, it loads and everything i just cant see anything. iight so i take out to graphics card and my computer works fine. I was just wondering what is wrong with this. I was thinking that because i got integrated graphics that the AGP and integrated graphics were using the same IRQ, and/or there might be a jumper setting on my motherboard. If someone could please give me their idea on what i should do.

well go to the bios and disable your onboard Video Card, you can also put to none the share memory you use for the onboard video. Try that and get back to us

iight thx man, ill try that when i geth home. Im at school right now

Banned
    maybe you didn't connect your monitor cable to the graphic card. It's a common mistake.

Hi,

1. Good advice above, please try it.
    2. Check that you have loaded the correct drivers for the graphics card.
    3. Check MoBo and graphics card websites for compatibility issues.....not all combinations work
    4. See if you can boot into safe mode? sometimes the super graphics card wants to use settings your monitor cannot handle.
    5. Connect to the integrated card and boot up. Try to install the graphics card manually, then shut down, connect to the new graphics card and see if that sorts it.

Keep us posted.

Cheers

iight ty so much for the tips guys,

*very appreciated*

ok i went to my bios, i seen this.

For my onboard graphics, i could set it to 8 Mb, 16 mb, and 32 mb. it wouldnt let me choose to disable onboard graphics. but i did see where it says (primary video adapter) and it was set to PCI and i could choose onboard/AGP. my graphics card is AGP. but i dunno what i should do i didnt feel like ****in up and havin to take out my battery for a few hours. so ??? im askin for your input =D

Change it to onboard/AGP
    =

change it on onboard/AGP and then install my AGP card?? and then it will work

8 meg of shared graphics should be OK. This means that your integrated graphics will still work in an emergency......at least that is how it has worked with integrated MoBos I have used.

The AGP/Onboard option should mead that it communicates across a 66MHz link. If you chose PCI (and have a PCI card), it will only use 33MHz maximum.

If you have a problem, connect your monitor to the onboard video and run setup again.

The reason you have a choice is that your BIOS will support two Video cards, and you are just selecting the priority? It should not cause you to have to reset your BIOS.

I would start with the onboard graphics and set up the AGP card (drivers, management software & stuff) then re-boot into setup, change and save the BIOS, then reboot with the connection attached to the AGP card.

Cheers