Thread: Getting around my router to play game...

Getting around my router to play game...

I need to know how to get around my firewall to play QuakeIIIArena. It's a wireless router made by D-Link, model DI-614+. Anyone have any ideas? I've been trying to find the answer to this for a LONG time and can't... please help!

Make sure the firewall isn't blocking anything.
    Setup port forwarding?
    You might create a DMZ...
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

You need access to the router, try usually http://192.168.0.1 user: admin, pass: admin ,this is the default, once you have access, you can get to the inbound/outbound section and permit the appropriate packets. The D-link may have Quake already as a predefined protocol.

Krang
    .....Brain Failure....dumping core.... z z z

Yeh, I've gone into my config 1000 times but I just can't figure out what to do once I get in there. How do I set up port forwarding? Like, do I set it to some port like AIM that is always allowed and have it send those packets to the ports QIIIA uses? I think that might be faulty because with QIIIA different servers sometimes use completely unique and different ports to connect to. Blah, anything else I can try? DMZ doesn't seem to work for some reason.

Perhaps there is a way to set up your computer in a demilitarized zone in which any built-in firewalls to the router would be disabled.

I believe on most home router this also sets up NAT to forward all inbound traffic without an established connection to the computer specified.

Check for a DMZ option in the config.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!