Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: weird e-mail hack

weird e-mail hack

hey all

Lately I have been getting mails sent from my own yahoo account
    it looks like this

To : myid@yahoo.com

I chgd the passwd thinking someone might hav got my passwd.......but with no luck........
    I think its got something to do with open relay. wht ya guys think about this.......is there any way to block this. or any sites that explains on this.

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Can you post the rest of the mail headers, but I'm certain that the from address will be a forgery.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

I think its got something to do with open relay
    Agree with steve.milner, definitly a forged source adress.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Heres the content format

From
    To
    Subject
    Date
    You should be able to change some settings that will display more header information.

In case you don't know how he probably forged that email:

telnet mail.ahost.com 25

HELO ahost.com
    MAIL FROM: myid@yahoo.com
    RCPT TO: myid@yahoo.com
    DATA
    Subject: stuff
    Other stuff here
    QUIT
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

I was going thru "Hacking exposed" book and found something like el-half mentioned. So it is using some open relay server...?

Oxygen;

To show 'all headers' in yahoo you can do the following:

- Open an email

- At the bottome where it says the following - click on 'Edit Preferences'
    The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit Preferences - What's This?]

- In about the middle of this screen of choices will be one for Headers, select 'Show ALL headers on incoming messages' instead of 'Show brief headers on incoming messages' (which was the default)

- Now go back to your mail folder and reopen the email

Hope that helps, obviously you can use the same method to switch it back to 'show brief...' whenever you want to also.

RRP

Euhm, MemorY, didn't I just told that??

www.elhalf.com

Banned
    Yeah i was editing it and everyhting then saw that you already wrote that. My bad. Am deleting it now.

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Originally posted here by oxygen
    Heres the content format

From
    To
    Subject
    Date

Are you using MSOutlook? If so go to http://support.easystreet.com/softwa...00/headers.htm for some instructions on how to get full headers, and then copy and paste.

Remove any of your own IP addresses/names that you want to keep sectre, but keep as much in as possible.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com