Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Perfect Circle

A Perfect Circle

Can anyone actually tell the difference between Tool and A Perfect circle? It all sounds the same to me......

One started out earlier. And I think the bass player is different. I'm fairly sure that a hot bass player was not part of the Tool line up.

I thought A Perfect Circle was side project for the frontman from TOOL? But it sounds exactly the f@#king same as TOOL. Maybe I'm just getting old.....

Na, it's not age, it's maynard cashing in on another band to make Tool fans think it's over. then releasing another Tool CD and making everyone jump at it. If you like this style you may like Acid Bath. The singer was also in Agents of Oblivion, but both bands are not the same like Tool and APC.

I don't really like it. The local "alternative" radio station keep playing APC and it was pissing me off. Very confusing....

HAHA, every radio station saying they are "alternative" plays tool and APC to try and keep listeners. Just once I want to see one of them pop in some Anal **** or Dead Kennedys. Just once.

APC was started by James Maynard from Tool as a side project. After the success of their first albumn "Mer De Norm" they realised that what had begun as a simple "fun" project was actually a brilliant group. Since then they have released their second albumn "13th Step" which IMHO is a brilliant folow up albumn.
    There isn't a bad song on either of them - as for them being the same as tool - personnaly I think there is a big difference in the songs - but then I have been both a Tool & an APC fan for quite some time now

v_Ln

Banned
    Who are these bands? Ennis looks at his While My Guitar Gently Weeps CD and feels safe.

Ennis, if you are a fan of Coldplay and The Verve, APC and Tool may not facinate you. Also, if you like APC or Tool, you may wanna try Meshuggah or Lamb Of God.

Banned
    Well I am into old 60/70's rock and same blues though the Verve are ok.

Coldplay suck.