Only A careless User can make Kazza Vulnerable, So,
    all programes are Vulnerable if abuse is accuored ,,,,,,
    Don\'t Be So HumblE>>>>
    You aRe N0T tHaT GreaT<<<<

This

if abuse is accuored
    with this

tHE EnemY Is IgnorancE
    Could somebody please help me out...I have no idea what that word is..acquired maybe?

Actually I have just found a DOS and an identity spoofing exploit for Kazaa... does anyone know of any others?

Kazza lite I hear has little to no problems - But as far as Kazaa which you asked about, there are still constantly new viruses being created and spread over it. Here is a blurb from Panda AntiVirus about one of the newer ones to hit Kazaa and information about how it affects Kazaa:

The second malicious code, Duster.B, is a virus with the characteristics of a worm that spreads through the P2P file sharing program KaZaA and across network shares. It does this following the routines below:

- Through KaZaA
    Duster.B looks for the default shared folder of this file sharing program. If this folder is not shared, it modifies an entry in the Windows Registry in order to share it. Then, it infects all the PE files it finds in the shared folder by adding its code to the beginning of them. When other users access these files remotely, they will download the files infected by Duster.B, thinking that they are useful computer programs, images, etc. However, when they run the downloaded file, their computers will also be infected by Duster.B.

- Across network shares.
    Duster.B checks if the infected computer belongs to a network and if it is, it tries to copy the file DUST.EXE to all the network computers and creates a file called AUTOEXEC.BAT on each one. The aim of this file is to run the virus every time the computer is started.

Duster.B connects to the IP address 208.178.231.190, which belongs to an IRC server, through port 6667. After it has done this, it waits for control commands like download and run files.
    RRP

The last 8 times i tried to download from kazaa lite, norton's AV stopped the download.
    retnav

Banned
    Im guessing there are many ways Kazaa can be used by script kiddies for whatever damage wthey want to inflict, basically if you choose to take part in what is the sharing of files from people you dont know then you are taking risks.

When I used Kazaa Lite I never once got a virus, its not as rampant I dont think as people make out but its not the most secure of programs and thats for sure.

A place for Kazaa Lite

Hey,
    Anyone looking for Kazaa Lite can find it at http://www.oldversion.com/

You can also get K-lite 2.4.3 here. It is the newest version and has all the latest updates.

I personally stopped using KaZaa long time ago and have been using mIRC to do all my file sharing. I usually downloaded full movies in about 3 hours. The download time is actually dependant on the connection you have with the other person. 2 people using Broadband can share files quite quickly. BTW I can download a 4 minute mp3 in 2m20sec. Entire music CD's in about 15-25 minutes. I am not saying KaZaa is bad at all, continue enjoying your downloads, I know I am.
    Computers do not have problems, they have users.
    ~Cope57

well first off, we can all agree that P2P HAS the potential to be dangerous considering ur not hidding behind a secured server. the only thing thats keeping between u and whats potentially a "dangerous" connection is whatever u got on ur system.

Kazaa, considering its natuyre to be p2p do give impressions it is unsafe. but like i said, when it comes to p2p, it all comes down to what u have (but then that rule also works for ANY connection, may it be Clinet/Server). using kazzaa, u must be understand that u have a direct connection with the OTHER user. and whatever he gives u, which may look like harmless, can be potentially dangerous. mIRC file sharing is also p2p tho lots of ppl do it.

My point here is, Kazza is dangerous as it is dangerous to go out of ur home and into the streets. u just have to be prepared coz alot can happen. maybe the file that was sent to u wasnt what u expected, or maybe someone exploited ur p2p connection with them or maybe kazzaa apps are vulnerable to a dangerous p2p worm/virus.

Client/Server connection these days are not even very secure but it has the advantage of being connected to only 1 system u all know and trust.

i suggest u arm urself wid an AV and a decent firewall. thats a good start. for kazaa's spywares, there are some softwares out there that will kill/block them. and it pays off visitn news and security sites from time to time to keep urself informed. AO is a good place tho i can also recommend some OTHER sites but i dunno if its allowed here since AO changed management. it used to be under AOer's hands but not anymore. but thats just a diff topic all in all.