Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PATRIOT Act II

"As a "Federal terrorism offense," the five year statute of limitations for hacking would be abolished retroactively -- allowing computer crimes committed decades ago to be prosecuted today -- and the maximum prison term for a single conviction would be upped to life imprisonment. There is no parole in the federal justice system. "

only one thing to say about that
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Forgive me... but I only see one place that talks about it having been signed. CNN, MSN, BBC, wired... none of the other major news organizations that I know and trust mention anything about a conspiracy of the Patriot Act II already being signed. There is plenty about it being discussed, modified, added, and so forth. Do a google for Patriot Act II and you will see that PBC and such still have documents on it being discussed and fine tuned, not implemented.

edit: I ran a double check, and can't find any more evidence save for one or two underground sites that I wouldn't trust with my life. I searched slashdot, MSNBC, NBC, CNN, BBC, wired, PBC, and various government sites. All pointed to the discussions taking place at that time period so they could fine tune it, but mentioned that the signing and release is a long ways off. *No I'm not leaning towards mainstream media and news reports, but at least ONE of those places would have mentioned it (especially slashdot)

Whell then, call me a terrorist and shoot me in the face..

In the netherlands they are now making a law that would make all left-winged-animal-liberation-types terrorists, to be taken to jail without any proof..

Man, mass-murderers have more rights then misguided teens now !!

PS. check out http://www.bushin30seconds.org
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Since this is on the front page and people are reading it, I feel I must comment. I have no problem with people speaking out against the Columbian Bush Cartel. His crime syndicate has been in power for decades and the free world trembles with fear. He has isolated the United States and formed secret aliances to establish his own country on the moon and make himself king and rage war on the planets. But if you are going to challenge the Cartel of Demigods and his crime family of Enron executives, Haliburton illegal contracts, falsified intelligence, theocracy inducing, and Hussein pandering American idiots, then at least post something worthy. Not continued BS based on someones own wagging of the tail and sensationalized to trump up the left. I wondered why a FISCAL act, one that usually grants monetary (meaning FISCAL) appropraiations in congress could have produced PATRIOT ACT II, drum roll and emotionalism included. I was wondering how they slid advanced new powers past congress when many are very interested in limiting PATRIOT ACT I, this was very interesting to me so I looked a little. It's all certified BS. Here is another discussion on the topic. http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=253216

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    umm..Nowadays I am sad to say that I'm apart of the human race even
    an American. But what I have to ask you is how does one stop this madness!

Stopping it can be done, but you'd have to get the majority of Americans involved, and that's where the problem lies. It's done by making an issue of it and using the ballot box for starters. Most Americans today are too lazy, or too disinterested, or too brainwashed to realize what's happened. Or, they don't care. Surrendering a few liberties means nothing to them.

Originally posted here by Chuck56
    Stopping it can be done, but you'd have to get the majority of Americans involved, and that's where the problem lies. It's done by making an issue of it and using the ballot box for starters. Most Americans today are too lazy, or too disinterested, or too brainwashed to realize what's happened. Or, they don't care. Surrendering a few liberties means nothing to them.
    Or they think, "I am not a criminal, so why should I worry about the police /authorities coming into my home. I have nothing to hide." Sooner than later our rights will be gone.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Did no one read my post? The patriot act II has not been released yet guys... please read above and properly read what Roadclosed and myself have posted.

Originally posted here by pooh sun tzu
    Did no one read my post? The patriot act II has not been released yet guys... please read above and properly read what I hvae posted.
    Did read your post man. My concern is mostly due to the government in general never wanting to protect our rights.... Anyways, this discussion might be better to have in cosmos...
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

The discussion would probably be better in Cosmos, but it's out here now for all to see. Some members don't visit the forum area.

My post was in reference to stopping it before it's released, and it can be done regardless of opinion, but it would take a massive effort of millions of Americans who still value their liberties. Do none of them remember Benjamin Franklin's words, to the effect that "Those who will surrender the least of their essential liberties for the promise of more security deserve neither liberty nor security." That isn't exact, but it's close.