Thread: Inquiring about Adding a Window to my ATX case

Inquiring about Adding a Window to my ATX case

I was recently thinking about case modding, and I would love to add a window to my case. I was wondering what experiences you guys have had with that endeavor, and what tips or things I should watch out for. Is it even worth adding a window? Or would I just save time and money by buying a new case?
    What do you get when you cross a nun and a penguin?
    An operating system that won\'t go down on you.

I've never done any modding on my own, but if you want to get into it, then I would suggest that you try to do it yourself.

If you just want a new case with a window then just by one.

I would say that its cheaper to add a case window than to buy a case with a window already installed.
    =

Yeah, I was thinking that too, but was just wondering what experiences you guys have had with adding one.

No problem with the case wall that is away from the MoBo. Just mark out the shape, drill a start point and cut it out with a jigsaw that has a metal cutting blade on it, or a modeller's tool with a diamond sawblade.

If you don't feel confident take it to your local car body repair shop.......I am sure that they will help you for a few $.

Then you just need a sheet of perspex and some epoxy resin glue.

Good luck

Well you could also take that part aside and drill it. I have a case and neon in the box but that's how I bought it though... it was $20 [canadian] more than the other case, so when I built my computer I asked them to change it for me.

I had this guide on painting the inner computer... plus drilling the hole... it's in Romanian though [and in a magazine] so you wouldn't find much use of it. But maybe there's something out on the WWW to help you out aswell.
    /\\

Ok, thanks Nihil and hypronix, I'll definetly check some stuff out on the web, but I was mostly wondering about experiences, but thanks for the help! :-D

AO French Antique News Whore
    This link should be helpfull!

http://www.coolcasegallery.net/
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Great site, also found some really nice links off of it, thanks for that SDK.