Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AP's

AP's

I think it is well Overtime that this be brought up. It has been brought up before but no one has posted a thread about it.

Ok Jupmed. I have a request please kill the AP assigning ability in GCC, Cosmos, and Addicts. None of them deal with Computers or Security.

They are all pretty much Lounge places. Places for people to talk about what ever goes through there mind. I think that having AP's assigning to them is just no needed. Also if you could. Coudl you kill the ablility of these places counting on your Post count.

Sinse it seems that Senior/Addict status means something to some people. It would seem that for you to have people be able to get that status shearly by posting BS would not be what the status or statuses were designed for.

If anyone else finds a problem with this post or Pm me. Alot of the newer members are scared to say something because they might get negged or banned.

As I said before.

AP's suck get drunk.

Quit stealing my lines. Ass.

heh

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    There is one problem with your plan.....

How many trolls have been killed because of their posts in GCC? If you take away the ability to assign points in GCC, that means that people will be able to post anything they want, which means that it will be completely out of control and ennis will not be able to keep up with the moderation of the forum.

Oh yeah, and shouldn't this thread be in site suggestions? :P

As for post count, that will most likely not be changed, but you can look at someones profile and see how many posts they have in their top 5 security threads. So you can look and say that you have 780 posts of which :
    Newbie Security Questions (53 posts)
    Microsoft Security Discussions (30 posts)
    Miscellaneous Security Discussions (13 posts)
    AntiOnline: How Do I? or What Is? (9 posts)
    AntiVirus Discussions (8 posts)
    Now you may have other posts in other secuirty threads, but no more then 8 in any one thread. That means that there are 667 unaccounted posts or about 85% of your posts in non-security threads.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Well the mod shoud be the one who watches this forum and make sure that trolls don't take over.
    =

I have no problem looking at my own posts but I bet that over 40% of my own posts are Computer related I won't say security. But I will say computer. I never claim to have a shitload of Security threads. I personally think that this site has evolved from Security more into a Computer site.

Now as for, The no AP assigning. Yeah I understand it will be hell but, there has to be something. This is getting crazy. I mean I haven't been around for a while like everyone knows. but this is just ****ing crazy. I am seeing AP's everywhere **** that really shouldn't have any AP's attached to them do.

I will be honest I think that the Non-sensical thread should be even.

Oh and one thing about my own account. I have several statements in GCC that are Computer related. SEVERAL. But, I will never say that I have earned or haven't earned the Senior status that is placed on me. That isn't for me to choose. That is for others to choose. But I will say this 2 tutorials. Both of which I think are atleast half decent. A bit of posts that are Computer related. Plus the **** load of Pm'S I have sent out helping people out. Currently I am over 400 Pm's in my Inbox.

Memo got to empty that thing for the second time.

But oh well. But back to the point of this thread. Something needs to be done. I have a theory. But we as a COMMUNITY need to come up with some Idea.

Oh and I didn't post in site suggestions because more people look in GCC then they do Site Suggestions.

whizkid: Who cares man? What does it hurt you if others receive APs? I truly don't understand why you're making this suggestion (especially in the GCC forum) if it really doesn't matter one way or another... the site isn't all about APs mate, remember.

Directly from the FAQ:

The AntiPoints System is a way for you to weed out the bad users from the good users, while at the same time building your own reputation in the AntiOnline Community. In general, users who are respected as posting userful information, being friendly, and who answer other's questions, will have a high number of AntiPoints. Users who spam, flame, harass other members, or post misleading information, will have a low or even negative number of AntiPoints.
    It's made for the entire site, not just security forums.

.... its all a matter of self control .. some have it, some don't ... those that don't are eventually weeded out as seen in recent times .... they come, jump in the deep end, thrash about making a noise and eventually drown .... no real harm done, just a minor irritation listening to them squawk before going under for the final time !!

Even the occasional flames I treat as light entertainment - and when people throw around little red and green gif's it does seem to liven things up and gets the blood flowing so to speak.

These days when I see the letters AP ... the words "Access Point" spring to mind as opposed to the other, having thrown myself into the world of wireless networking - silly me, I thought this was going to be a wireless thread

Ninja Code Monkey
    I disagree with killing ap's in all of those forums. The ability to assign negs to retards is how we can self police these forums. If people would use them responsibly and appropriately there wouldn't be a problem. Rather than crippling the system because people suffer from nerd penis envy (green dotitis)....maybe it would be more appropriate to simply remove it altogether and let the mods do the job as stated above, or actively educate people to use the system appropriately.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    hahahaha... Juridian said actively educate people that use AO..... hahahahaa

bad juridian bad
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Re: AP's

Originally posted here by whizkid2300
    I think
    Don't. Thats why we have politicians and scientists.

I have a request please kill the AP assigning ability in GCC, Cosmos, and Addicts. None of them deal with Computers or Security.
    I have a request; kill the AP system and all threads related to it. Also, i would like to point out that GCC is home to many computer/security related threads.

I think that having AP's assigning to them is just no needed.
    I think.. theres that phrase again. APs are not needed, period. Neither are threads about them.

Also if you could. Coudl you kill the ablility of these places counting on your Post count.
    This has been mentioned before. Twice. Check 'Site Suggestions'.

I will be honest I think that the Non-sensical thread should be even.
    (I think!@$@!) No, the Non-sensical thread should be closed.

I am over 400 Pm's in my Inbox.
    Memo got to empty that thing for the second time.
    Man, your **** must be sooooo huge...

But we as a COMMUNITY need to come up with some Idea.
    No, we don't. The reason we have JupMedia ruling over us with an iron fist of death is so a. We dont have to think and b. So we dont have to make decisions.

Oh and I didn't post in site suggestions because more people look in GCC then they do Site Suggestions.
    I want to debate about the existence of God. Hmm, Cosmos isnt on the front page, so not as many people would look in there as saayy.. "Microsoft security discussions". I want my thread to get more hits, so *of course* i can justify putting it there.

Regards..