Thread: Norton Internet Security 2003

Norton Internet Security 2003

Does anyone use Norton Internet Security 2003? if you do tell me why does it consider www.antionline.com a restricted site and the reason is "crime". also there it says "If you think this web site is incorrectly categorized, visit the Symantec Internet Security Center to report it". So tell me is there anyway to unblock this site and also enable norton internet security 2003. (i had to disable internet security to write this post).

I think this is a feature of Parental Control. This needs to be disabled to let you view any site you wish without problems. Open up Internet Security and click on Parental Control. There should be a method in there to allow specific sites with some kind of list. I use Norton here, but I never installed the parental control feature because of problems like this. Probably disabling Parental Control would be the best way to go. It only blocks sites based on content and is not a security measure as such.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I had this problem at first. I got round it by sending a new classification. Symantec Internet Security Center then popped up with a 'thank you' and I entered ???? I use Norton's NetSec2004. But recently I have set the Parental controls to 'allow' this type of site by 'un-checking' the relative box in the ParCen section. As stated by Striek above.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Striek & Foxy old chaps....tell the man the truth

The real reason is because I am an unexpelled (un-defrocked?) member and have made one or two comments on these "features" of Semantec (Norton) products, so they are after us all for my sins. I am also paranoid?

Seriously, Striek has called it; I suspect? I remember Norton in 2000 (?) coming out with this "key phrase" technology. Trouble is, these key phrases happen to be part of the English language, so are used in quite innocent contexts? They had to pull it fairly quickly, or refine it considerably? because of false alarms.

I suspect the false positives in the AV product may not have been sorted out in the parental control one. Also, with parental control you would want to get it wrong on the side of caution?

It would be interesting to see if it blocked other sites with "anti" at the start of their name....particularly one that would not be in the dictionary like "antionline"??

Cheers

Looks like the parental control did it. Thanks. I cant think of making up a site which starts with "anti" (my imagination sucks) so if you make up, one i will try it. Thanks again

Try antioffline.com.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Banned
    try www.antiwar.com

I don't use Norton so here I can't test it myself. Parental control me arse

I tried antioffline.com it works with the parental control on and it is a site which hates antionline.com and calls us security wanabees, they are also a security releated site which is more violent and is more on the security cracking side. and antiwar.com also works

Well, thanks......it shows that antionline is in the banned sited database rather than just the product of some sort of heuristic search.

Cheers