Thread: Windows Server 2003

Windows Server 2003

ok im installing windows server 2003 web edition on my spare box and i have a few quistions to ask .On Web edition can i copy a website from the net like microsoft.com and copy all the security measures and try to break into my own machine and does anyone know of any tutorials about microsoft windows server 2003 ?

You won't be able to pull down the 'entire' site without some sort logon and password. They're using a ton of server side scripts and other things that you're not going to be able to grab without access. You can still grab a ton of their text and artwork though

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Regarding your question re tutorials, Sybex do a Mastering Wiindows 2003 Server, I have used their 2000 Server book, and it is quite comprehensive.
    http://www.sybex.com/
    Of course you will get a lot of info from Microsoft's site, and you will get plenty of links, etc, if you do a Google search
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

G'day Cube3k, a couple of sites that might be of use.

ilopia.com

windowsecurity.com

www.imbored.biz cheers. TidaLphasE23...

G'day jm459, Good to see you around again. How have you been? how's the study going?
    Where's that dog with the waggy tail gone....walkies?

Originally posted here by jm459
    Regarding your question re tutorials, Sybex do a Mastering Wiindows 2003 Server, I have used their 2000 Server book, and it is quite comprehensive.
    http://www.sybex.com/
    jm459, thats a great call, i've had that book 'Mastering Windows 2000 Server' by Mark Minasi and have used it countless times. there's a ton of stuff in there.
    I'd recommend any reading by Mark Minasi--

Yup, I got the Mastering windows 2003 book for xmas, and its a VERY good read.