Thread: Help With PHP-Nuke

Help With PHP-Nuke

NaN
    Last edited by Zetaphor; February 19th, 2013 at 05:48 PM.
    3 Easy Steps To Fixing Windows (Permanently!)
    1) Insert Linux Installation CD (Any Distro)
    2) Read Included Documentation on \"Installing\"
    3) Install Linux

Here is the other image showing the page I am given after clicking the link from the first page.

/edit Oops, forgot to add the image
    3) Install Linux

Here is the pic
    3) Install Linux

I use PostNuke myself, ever since the PHP-Nuke developer freaked after some big exploit and completely changed his distribution system, but what you may want to try is to delete or recreate the databases, since this is a new install. Go to the install.php to do this. After that, you should have a fresh database without an admin user, and you should be able to set the password. If not, then you might want to checkout your database, find the DATABASE.nuke_users table, and examine the first or second entry. They list users, and the first should be guest or anonymous. The second should be your admin account. Note that the password is hashed so you can't figure out what it is by looking at it, but maybe if you either a) deleted that user and then try to click on make a super user account, or b) cleared the field for the password hash, you might be able to log in with no password. At the very least, you would get the name of the Super User.

Good luck.

If you want to look at other CMS Solutions, checkout http://www.opensourcecms.com/ . They have demo configurations set up that clear every hour, so you can check out the different programs without worrying about messing up anything on your PC or their server.

Banned
    look what the auther of phpnuke has to say about phpnuke 7.0

AO French Antique News Whore
    This cool version had lot of security holes

Nice one! Greenie for that!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Guess what, same prob.

I tried dumping the database, did'nt know how to add all the modules, went through the uers table, didnt fine the name. Any other help is appreciayed. Maybe you could send me a database with a user already installed. Also how do I get a .com address instead of me IP? preferably without paying.
    3) Install Linux

Checkout http://www.dyndns.org/ if you are looking to get a subdomain. They have some free services that you can use, and they own some domain names that they allow you to add a free subdomain in. That pretty much meets your needs.

Okay, try this then. Delete your PHP-Nuke database, and start over. Create a new, blank database with no tables or anything. Make sure that it has the same name as what you typed in for the config.php file. The original database can be found with the files you downloaded to install PHP-Nuke, in the SQL Directory. Put that database in, and that *should* work.

Another idea...I don't know if this tool works on PHP-Nuke, but at least for POSTNuke there is a "Swiss Army Knife" tool. http://www.portalzine.de/displayarticle1397.html You would put that on your server, but be sure to give it an obscure name, and delete it after you use it, since it completely bypasses the Nuke Security setup and grants full access to the internals of your Nuke installation. But, like I said, that is for POSTNuke and might not work on PHP-Nuke...

To add other modules, you will probably need to be logged in as your super-user. It would be under Admin tools or something, and modules. Good luck.

I tried the swiss army tool, didnt work, and I am still trying to figure out how to add the database files. Thank you for all the help tim, it is greatly appreciated.
    3) Install Linux

Oh, I had a hard time finding a program to backup and restore mySQL databases from a web browser, but I did manage to find one a while back...

Head over to http://www.silisoftware.com/scripts/, and pickup these two programs: doSQL(), and if you want to be able to backup your databases (which you might) backupDB(). These two PHP scripts are very handy. Make sure to edit them and configure them correctly (database username and password). Then you should find a spot on your web server to upload them. After that, upload the .SQL file from the PHP-Nuke installtion stuff. Then, using the dosql.php file (type it into web browser) it should list all of the .SQL files, including the one with PHP-Nuke's default database. I think you click it, and then it updates the server's database to show that. If it complains or has problems, then try to delete all of the PHP-Nuke databases (acturally tables) and try again. You might have to play with the config.php file for PHP-Nuke depending on what the databases become named.

As you might expect, backupdb.php backs up the database, and offers it for download. That way you can recover from any problems you may have by restoring it via dosql, etc.

Hey, and no problem. I've had some huge setup issues with PHP/PostNuke before on the Windows platform (with IIS). It was for my school's "Intranet Server" in Okinawa and one of the tech teachers wanted me to join the school's sadly defunct and tiny "Computer Club" and design the website after she saw a server I setup for another class... Since I've moved to Idaho this year, I don't quite think they ever got their issues for their website fixed, lol. Anyways, good luck, and I hope these programs work for you.