Thread: XP Themes Gone

XP Themes Gone

I just recently reformated my computer and when i got to the desktop there was no Xp style. I tryed downloading themes off the internet and i set it to be the theme and all it changes is the background.

Go to settings --> Control panel --> click classic view --> Administrative Tools --> Services and look for the "Themes service" and change its start type to "Automatic" and then start the service.
    This may fix the problem, however it could be something else.
    Hope it helps

I'm leaning more towards what cheesegod recommeneded... but:

If you manually adjust the performance settings of the machine, then you loose the themes...

You may have to reset it to "let windows decide".

Right click on my computer, properties, advanced, performance settings, choose the let windows decide option.

I think by default, it is set to this?

Don't know if that'll help. Just a quick idea.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Old Fart
    I ran across this a couple of weeks ago on a friends computer.....you could have the "Win2k" look but the "XP" look was nowhere to be found. The computer in question is only about 6 months old and I still have not found an explanation for why the "XP look" vanished. We tried the admin tools, system restore and everything else I could think of to no avail....only a COMPLETE install remedied the situation.

Weird.....
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Another thing to try, go into control panel, display properties, apperance tab. on the windows and buttons drop down, change from windows classic to windows xp
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AO French Antique News Whore
    phishphreek80 said it all! The simple is the best! Had the same problem when I start using Xp 2 years ago!
    -Simon \"SDK\"