Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zelda/nintendo fans

Zelda/nintendo fans

My gf got me a gamecube for xmas. I've been on it since. I can't seem to turn it off...
    When I get home from work, I'm on it for 8+ hrs and then back to work and then back to the gamecube... I know... lame.
    My gf tells me all the time.

I'm playing the new zelda. It is sooo addicting!
    I have played and beat ALL the other zelda games. From the original nintendo, super, 64, gameboy and now gamecube. Its really the main reason why I get the nintendo platform.

I think this has got to be by far the BEST one they have come out with yet!
    The storyline is good, graphics are breathtaking and nice little challenges. I like games within games.

Has anyone played/beat it yet? How do/did you like it?

I also got a couple other games that are pretty cool.

Need for Speed Underground is off the heezie.
    SSX 3 is pretty cool, but only played it a bit cause I've been getting into the other games.
    Someone also gave me metroid, luigi's mansion, and star fox adventures. I haven't put those in the console yet...

I was thinking bout getting the True Crime and Metal of Honor Rising Sun after I'm done with a couple of these. I love the FPS and GTA type games.

Anyone play Top Gun? I liked it for the original but haven't tried it for the cube...

Any other games that you'd recommend?

Sorry, I'm rambling.... the end of the year is very slow around work. Nobody is here!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Zelda was a very slick/smooth game. I was disappointed by the perpetual kid and the apparent fascination with adding all the 'gay' characters in there... Tinkle, the pirates, etc. I liked the content of Ocarina of Time better, but the graphics and general smoothness of Windwalker were phenomenal.

I liked Super Metroid Prime alot, kinda tedious at times, but a very good game.

NCAA Football 2004 is a very good game if you like sports. Very great deal of attention payed to 130+ teams...very slick IMHO.

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Post Re: Zelda/nintendo fans

Originally posted here by phishphreek80

SSX 3 is pretty cool, but only played it a bit cause I've been getting into the other games.
    Play SSX3, it is an amzing game. I bought the original SSX when it was released and didn't play it for a month because I wasnt sure I would like a snowboarding game. Well after a month I found it to be the king of extreme sports games, and so addictive I wasted months of my life on it. Now we are at SSX3 and it remains as one of my favorites. I played it for 9 hours straight when released.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

I was a little dissapointed with the newer Zelda game especially when they decided to use cell shading. But everything else makes up for it.

On the other hand I would have to say that Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles [ Which goes side-by-side with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for the GBA ] is by far one of the best games for the NGC right now. Great story line, beautiful graphics and overall a good game to play.

As for other games I would have to say :
    1] Gladius
    2] Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II
    3] Mario Party 4 [ Good game to play with your g/f ]
    4] Soul Calibur II
    5] Metal Gear Solid : The Twin Snakes [ MSG Series is the best series of games that I have ever played next to the Final Fantasy Series.

Phishphreak80 if you own a gameboy advance you should try Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age, trust me you will be amaze at what that little thing can do. Especiall after you play those two games.
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

My gf tells me all the time
    I know this sounds sad. but, spend more time with her. You don't know what you have until its gone.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I decided to treat myself to a Platinum GBA SP over the holidays and picked up Zelda: 4 Swords (I remember as a kid playing Legend of Zelda on the original Nintendo consoles). I also picked up OddWorld: Munch's Odessye. Agent_Steal, are there other games you'd recommend for GBA? I suspect I'll get through Zelda pretty quickly and will need something more to amuse myself..
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by mark_boyle2002
    I know this sounds sad. but, spend more time with her. You don't know what you have until its gone.
    Thanks... but we spend a LOT of time together. 4-5 of 7 days....
    We are actually getting a place together in the coming months. That should be interesting!

Oh, thanks everyone for your suggestions! I'll start getting some of those.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I have played/finished all of the Zelda games, from the first thru Ocarina of Time. Windwaker I hated, and just got bored with, so I never finished it. I thought it was awful.

I noticed someone mentioned Mario Party 4...there is a Mario Party 5 now. We got it for our son for Christmas, and have been playing it (all 3 of us) every night. It's a blast, I liked 4, but 5 blows it out of the water.

Another one that I've played/finished that I totally enjoyed was Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Totally awesome storyline, similar in a way to Zelda, and totally freaky. Lots and lots of fun, best game for gamecube I've come across.

My husbands favorite game is Minority Report.

Have fun!!
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

All of the zelda games kick ass I have beat wind waker twice so far I can't seem to get enough of it I do hope that nintendo comes out with a new zelda game, Metroid is better this time around because it is in a 3-D Environment with some new weapons I think you will enjoy playing it and the same goes for luigi's mansion

i love ps2 and i like it better than gamecube i do however own a gamecube so a few suggestions i have would be madden 2004 i was watching the video game awards and it got game of the year and some games u mentioned true crime, medal of honor r all great games.
    P-I-M-P