Thread: Abit NF7-S

Abit NF7-S

Is the onboard soundstorm better than sound blaster live

Can you be a little more specific?
    [pong][blur]Victory to Success[/blur][/pong]is only half won through the[pong][blur]Habit of Hard Work...[/blur][/pong]
    -Jagfire19

If you were really into audio, you would not have that MoBo

It all depends on your room and your speaker system?

Cheers

Okay nihil. Ha. I was just trying to be helpful, but I admit, I'm not that into audio.
    [pong][blur]Victory to Success[/blur][/pong]is only half won through the[pong][blur]Habit of Hard Work...[/blur][/pong]
    -Jagfire19

Sorry to all.........

I was NOT trying to be funny....it is just that if you have a MoBo with built in sound...sound is not what you are after?

Soundblaster 5.1 rocks....if you are into sound.....

On the other hand, your onboard stuff will work fine if you get some decent speakers ?...you need them for soundblaster as well...actually even more so?

I am not that good of hearing, and I do not live in a recording studio?...you can waste a lot of money here so please make sure of what you want

Happy New Year

Johnno

Originally posted here by nihil
    If you were really into audio, you would not have that MoBo

It all depends on your room and your speaker system?

Cheers
    i thought this mobo is a value for $$$ mobo

Originally posted here by nihil
    Sorry to all.........

I was NOT trying to be funny....it is just that if you have a MoBo with built in sound...sound is not what you are after?

Soundblaster 5.1 rocks....if you are into sound.....

On the other hand, your onboard stuff will work fine if you get some decent speakers ?...you need them for soundblaster as well...actually even more so?

I am not that good of hearing, and I do not live in a recording studio?...you can waste a lot of money here so please make sure of what you want

Happy New Year

Johnno
    Hmm... i'm not very sure about this soundstorm but from the past few weeks i'm noticing some users comment that this seems to be like onboard audigy card... some says that i will only "perform" under digital speakers because i'm making a choice between
    ABIT NF7-S and SL-75FRN2-L

For NF7-S i could get SATA, IEEE 1394 and soundstorm plus a 2yr warranty. Soltek i could get the minimum requirements and with a 14mth warranty for a difference of $50 only. If soundstorm is inferior to Creative Live Digital DE 5.1 SE, i would rather get a combo of Soltek + Creative soundcard... so what's your recommendation?

Senior since the 3 dot era
    The Abit NF7-S SA is an excellent mobo, a very popular overclockers mobo choice, the sound is very good. It can compare with the cheaper soundblaster range. But the NF7-S soundstorm will not have the same quality of a soundblaster audigy or something similar. And if you are into sound, this is nothing, read nothing compared to real professional audio cards... and it's sure nothing compared to sound hardware. To watch some movies, play some games, listen or create some mp3 music such a sound blaster like the Live 5.1 is allright. If you plan to do more... move to other stuff and probably spend some big bucks