Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Vulnerable??

Kazaa Vulnerable??

A coworker has just informed me that Kazaa is a very vulnerable program to have running on a PC. I know that it has port 1214 open so I suppose it's a service... and like any other service it could be vulnerable. Does anyone know of any vulnerabilities or instances of attack?

Your Co-Worker obviously knows nothing about KaZaa.....you should suggest to him or her that they try using Google to check their information before spreading vicious rumors.
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

Well, The fact that people are downloading files, when they arent 100% sure of what the files really are makes the user's computer pretty vulnerable to viruses/malware etc.... wouldnt you say?
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=517

the Open Source model doesn\'t offer any great benefit in
    terms of reliability and security. -Bill Gates

LOL kazaa was vulnerable is vulnerable and probably will stay vulnerable...it is a very easy way to get trojans into someones PCU if they dont have a AV...i suggest you use DC++
    try it its great...for me a lot better than kazaa
    peace

/scriptkiddie18

Banned
    Kazaa also installas lot of Spyware on your computer, that why people use Kazaa Lite K++. But i heard kazaa doesn't work anymore. I dont know where i heard that.

Script Kiddie What is a PCU ??

Originally posted here by MemorY
    Kazaa also installas lot of Spyware on your computer, that why people use Kazaa Lite K++. But i heard kazaa doesn't work anymore. I dont know where i heard that.

Script Kiddie What is a PCU ??
    Kazaa Lite was shut down by Kazaa....
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

http://www.k-lite.tk/ is now owned by KAzaa..... That was the main site for download...
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Banned
    Kazaa Lite was shut down by Kazaa....
    The software stillw orks though.

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    First off Seven, I'd get an idea of how P2P networks work
    http://computer.howstuffworks.com/file-sharing.htm
    Then, I'd research some of the variations
    http://www.zeropaid.com
    After that, the only thing I would suggest is Googling for exploits on whatever P2P you wind up using in the long run.
    There are always going to exploits in any network where you connect directly to someone else's computer. You just have to keep up on any articles/news that you can find.
    As for Kazaa, I know it had some issues with worms and virii being spread through the network some time ago but I haven't heard much about the newer versions, like Kazaa Lite.
    Well, that's my input. Good Luck Seven.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton