Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual Monitor

Banned

Dual Monitor

I just set-up dual monitor, just wanted to let you people know and ask if anybody or if you know of any problems that may occur to my motherborad, videocard or power supply by doing this. I have windows xp, A GeForce 2 MX 400 video card, my primary monitor is connected to the GeForce, the secondary monitor goes through the normal monitor input.

Banned
    Here is a picture of them.

I don't see how you'd cause problems... unless you aren't using the correct drivers.

I had dual monitors setup at one time... but it sucked.
    One was 17 and one was 15, so it was quite annoying.

I'll just wait till I can get dual 32" plasma screens...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

You ****....did you wait that I leave so you could do it...why do i always miss the fun lol...
    btw how did you connect the monitor to the GeForce card...i have the same one as you lol and i only got 1 input
    peace

/scriptkiddie18

[edit] i just checked the back and i only got 1 input on my GeForce card...how do you have two?[/edit]

Banned
    One was 17 and one was 15, so it was quite annoying.
    same here, on the 15inch i just put programs like winamp, buddy list and some other stuff i look at sometimes.

ScriptKiddie the 15 monitor is connected to the normal adapter i got with the computer, the 17inch is connected to the GeForce.

hey phishphreek did your taskbar extend to the next monitor?

hey phishphreek did your taskbar extend to the next monitor?
    I believe so. Its been a while. But I remember having to look to the other screen for time and such.

At least m$ is finally going to have multiple virtual desktops (in their next OS), so you don't have to do this... similar to how the various GUIs for *nix work.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Banned
    Actually i got that with My GeForce card, the was some software for virtual desktops, i believe i had 9 but i didnt like it. Windows Longhorn is supposed to come out like 2005 right?

ScriptKiddie the 15 monitor is connected to the normal adapter i got with the computer, the 17inch is connected to the GeForce.
    I don't got a normal adapter...just my GeForce one

Banned
    I don't got a normal adapter...just my GeForce one
    Maybe because you bought your computer with a graphic card. I bought mine later.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Memory, if you're using 2 video card for you dual-monitor, BOTH your good video performance will drop to slowest video card performance. Check this link,

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/guide/

Check their software call UltraMon who realy good. If you need more info, drop me a PM. I'm been using dual-monitor with a Matrox G550 for 2 years now so I could help you more.
    -Simon \"SDK\"