Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired

Tired

I am able to trace route thise Ip address but now I want to stop this sucker in their tracks from pinging my firewall. Enough is enough now. Since I have been online now my firewall has been pinged 297 times in 1 hour. How do I stop them?

Well the pinging isn't doing any harm, and since you have a firewall, your pretty much secure.

Your best option is just to ignore the pings.

What kind of firewall do you use? My firewall, Norton, doesn't let me ping it, or anyone else for that matter.

Being on the internet and getting pings is part of the deal.

No harms being done.
    =

I really don't know how to put this politely...............we are now swimming in a pool full of dog turds??

I had to turn of the firewall auto alarm because of the number of hits.

I think that there should be a new international crime.........."stupid in possession of a computer"?

This is New Year.........happy one folks..sorry about the "rant" but it does upset me...

I can understand Gem_Dude's frustration............guess that is why we have firewalls........but what is wrong with our society thet we need them?

Maybe..."If your system pings people without reason you are fined $50,000 per day?

If you do a port scan it is $5,000 per instance?

Hey guys....I could get sysadmins into major league salaries?

You all owe me beer

Happy New Year!

Johnno

On the bright side, come tomorrow you should see considerably less ICMP traffic since the welchi worm self terminates.
    $pak = me;

So basically, what we are all saying gem dude is getting ping is a fact of life when you on the net.
    =

your protected by your firewall it's good but am not sure if am right maybe some pings come from banners or traffics that able to reach your computer, and if your connectted into the net your can reciv pings from other or anonymous site etc... try to search for some IP spoofing Stuff maybe it may help you try google to get some information about IP spoofing, if you are able to traced the IP talk to some ISP personel maybe they can help you.. btw is there some thin on your box that they want?

there is no need to spoof your ip over getting pinged.... really pinging is a part of life... i do realize it can be annoying... i just turn off my auto-alarm. it's one of those things that at this point can't be stopped BUT is not hurting anything so just let it slide. don't waste the time or effort spoofing your ip over something like this.
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Yes I agree that most could be ad banners and other trash, but to be truthful, this pinging is hitting all my ports , by the way i am using Zone Alarm Pro, and when the trace was done I cannot find a ad internet site in Broomfeild , Co. Though this is a pain to my hairy ars, this person is using all the tricks to gain access to my system. So far ZA has stopped all of the access yes it does report to me theip address doing the pinging and how. So far it showing me a dial up going thru several differnt cities and changing ip address several times. Cool program.

And oh yes EStop2 is my port sniffer, although it is weak so far that i have found out. It does not show pings on any udp ports unfortunatly. Wish it had more options to shut off anyone on higher ports other than the regular internet ports. But it is worth a try folks.
    Happy New Year to all
    and cheers on those beers, LMAO

ok EXTREME NOOB QUESTION what happens when you get pinged, and is it bad.