Thread: Price book?

Question Price book?

Hey Guys and Girls, Just wondering if anyone knows of a standard price list of what to charge for pc repairs. I know auto mechanics have some sort of price guide as to how long doing "so n so" takes....hourly, then they set their own per hour rate. Just curious if you all had an input on that, of any books I can read/purchase that would clue me in. Id like to start my own pc repair shop soon, but I dont want to be over pricey, or under for that matter. I also dont want to just ball park time estimates and prices. Hope you all can help. Thanks. Wild.
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

Hey wildred,
    Generally, you can charge until the consumer won't buy anymore. Anyhow, I searched the net and here is a link that will hopefully help you. Good luck with your future company or venture.

Labor Parts...
    [pong][blur]Victory to Success[/blur][/pong]is only half won through the[pong][blur]Habit of Hard Work...[/blur][/pong]
    -Jagfire19

I've beeng getting into PC Repair lately to make some extra money and heres how i do it.

$35 hourly rate The First hour is $35 no matter what then I pro rate it after that
    $30 for me to drive out to your house Then $35 per hour for me to work on it.

I also offer to do home networking installations, Hardware install and software install. I use the same rates for those.
    =

Hi Wildred,

I would go for £30 per call.............I guess that to be around $50?............then $30 per hour

just my £0.02

Charge on stupidity?..no firewall, no AV and such.......?

If they bring the box to you then I would go for $30 to look and $20 to quote, then $30 per hour?

Old people, small friends and little furry animals get special rates............

I guess I do it for nothing..but I can afford to?

Happy New Year

Man, You guys are great.....thanks so much for the help. Ill conisider doing what you (collectively) suggested and if there are any more links, by all means, please post them. Thanks so much and have a great new year.
    Wild
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.