I just read Scriptkiddies problem and this is a little different so i started a new thread. I just installed a new 80gb western digital hdd today as a slave. I went into bios and auto configed it and its recognized. But when i go into windows it doesnt show up in My Computer. I know in the manual it said to enable LBA or Translation but i couldnt find where to enable those so i suspect thats the problem. So basically when i go into bios or use the floppy that came with it, the drives recognized but i cant store anything on it. Also one more thing, would i need to install windows on the slave too or can it be run from the master? thanks.

Edit:

Okay yeah i need to install windows but now im having trouble figuring out how. I tried putting in the XP installation cd but it didnt allow me to install it on the new hard drive, only to repair or overwrite the existing one on the master drive. The only option the disk gave me that came with the drive was to partition the drive and copy over files from the master drive. Is there anyway i can just install the OS without all the other files i dont need to copy over?

Edit 2: Its runnin Xp Home.