Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about XP security

question about XP security

Well here's the thing. I have a friend(hot chick ) that is being harassed by a guy using netbus so he's probably a newb. anyways he uses XP and I was wondering where I could read up on XP exploits to get him back and play the knight in shining armor role :P~

Try www.securityfocus.com exploit database.
    ...JoHnNy...

Maybe she will be nice enough to come visit you in jail?

If you don't know what you're doing, I wouldn't recommend doing that...No offense.
    "It is a shame that stupidity is not painful" - Anton LaVey

How to be the Knight in shining armor:

Introduce your lady friend to a free Virus Scan and a nice free simple Firewall . Throw in free Spyware Removal , and she'll be yours!
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Re: question about XP security

Originally posted here by zero4
    Well here's the thing. I have a friend(hot chick ) that is being harassed by a guy using netbus so he's probably a newb. anyways he uses XP and I was wondering where I could read up on XP exploits to get him back and play the knight in shining armor role :P~

I guess my first question would be....how do you know he's using WinXP in the first place?

My second question would be...could you not come up with a better story than that? I mean come on, at least try something like - "I'm working on a research paper about exploits.................." That'd be a little better than your story...

Geez... glad it's Friday...

But if this story is legit, then follow Cross's advice - doubt it'll produce certain desired results, but hey, her pc would be better protected!

Hi-

Tell your friend to get a anti virus - House call doesnt give you real time protection, but it does help if you scan from it once in awhile. Alot of people here would reccomend AVG free edition -
    Click

And get a software firewall too - theres alot of freeware firewalls crawling out there, Zonealarm is easy to use.

Make sure your friend has both of these updated regularly.

Make sure she has her OS updated to, go to start, all programs, windows update and get all the critical updates.

I was wondering where I could read up on XP exploits to get him back and play the knight in shining armor role
    If this person knows how to use a trojan, he probably knows what a firewall and antivirus is too. You can report him to his ISP though.

How do you know she got netbus? And how do you know the guy is using xp?
    Anyway, hacking back is stupid.. Just find his IP and the time he was logged on the Net and report him to his ISP. If you do that correctly he could lose his connection.

Originally posted here by groovicus
    Maybe she will be nice enough to come visit you in jail?
    That's cute but everyone always pipes in with that and its a little far fetched.
    If they threw everyone that did a prank on someones home pc in jail, we would need to turn the dakotas into a national human zoo.

I agree this is pretty lame, if you have enough access to the guys computer to know his OS and IP, why don't you just cut his mouse cable or something. Forget about the exploits, even if you were lucky enough to stumble onto a remote shell on his box, you wouldn't have a clue what to do with it.

you could lie to her
    that might work