Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proxies

Proxies

If i work behind a high anonimity proxy am i covered? I mean, an l be easily traced?
    If yes (if i'm traced) what's the best way to hide myself?
    ...JoHnNy...

No, you cannot be easily traced.

However, the logs of whoever owns that proxy server can still be subpoenaed by local authorities if the situation warrants. So that will never be a way to hide illegal activities.

But it does hide your real address from chat forums and discussion boards and such, so can be used as an investigativef tool iof that is what you are looking for.

Essentially, what an anonymous proxy server does is replace your IP address with their own and forwardthe page requests to wherever you like. When they recieve a response, they remove their address, place yours in there, and forward the response back to you. So the other end of your communication sees only the proxy address. But most still keep logs of who comes from where and these logs can always be looked at.

If you are traced, it would be through legal means, meaning that you likely did somethin illegal. There is probably no way to hide yourself after that.

So an anonymous proxy server will hide you from most attackers, but not any governmental organizations.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Their is no way to hide yourself 100%. If their was do you really think any hackers would ever get caught. You connect to the internet through your ISP which has a record of you, even if you join with false information they still have your phone number. Then how ever many anon poxies you connect through they all have the possibility of keeping records of the IP you connected to them from.
    Just my 2cents.

/edit
    beat me to it Striek
    /edit

Well a stolen internet account connected via a phone booth would give you quite a good chance.
    The command completed successfully.

\"They drew first blood not me.\"

how about wirless laptop on a wardriven network in another city across the province/state?
    The internet, not just for stalkers and pervs, but for computer geeks too!

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    f i work behind a high anonimity proxy am i covered? I mean, an l be easily traced?
    If yes (if i'm traced) what's the best way to hide myself?
    If you use an anonymous proxy you will be able to better hide yourself on the net, but also remember, yes you can be traced its not as easy though. The best way to hide yourself in my opionion is to use as many proxys, anonymous proxies, as possible. Also look into foregin proxys from other countries perferablly one from your country isnt the best of friends with I red a tutorial on this subject extremly usefull promblem is I cant find the site now.

If a hacker uses more than one proxies, let say 10, in different countries (different laws!) and continent, (let say : USA -> VietName -> Pakistan -> France -> Brazil etc..), there is a lot of chances that he will never be caught I think?

Originally posted here by r3fus3d
    how about wirless laptop on a wardriven network in another city across the province/state?
    interesting...they wouldnt be abke to trace you by phone no., not by ip, because your using one from the wardriven network and a proxy...hmmmm...very interesting...

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Government has all the time in the world to track you down.

But yeah like many have suggested chaining yourself through many proxies will make their work harder. But of course with enough time and through some serious log searching they can trace you back to your ISP and well then you might be screwed.

But also take into consideration that finding good anonymous proxies can be a pain in the butt to find. Especially if your trying to find a decent amount to hide your tracks.

There is some sites that also use Java or ActiveX applets/scripts to detect your IP address. If you dont want this to happen well then you can disable Java and ActiveX.Feel free to correct me if I am wrong
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

well one thing u can do if u want anonymous browzing, try Proxomitron, i tried it befor, it can hide about ermmm 80% on what your browzer gives away about your system. your browzer (IE. Mozilla, Opera, etc) do give away details about ur system.