Thread: Printing Problem?

Printing Problem?

Hi,

I have a strange printer problem. Any time I try to print something it shows that its printing and after about a minute, it says the printer is out of paper. I'm using Windows XP and know that the printer is not the problem since I tried three and I get the same problem. Any suggestions?

Thank you
    One kind act done to a single heart is better than a thousand heads bowed in prayer. - Gandhi

Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own, todays worries are enough for today. - Matthew 6.34

A little more information would be helpful?

Types of printer, drivers, usb or serial, any new software installations, loose cable, reboot? etc.

Printer: DeskJet 820CSE
    Serial

Ever since I built this computer I've been having this problem, I think it has something to do with the ports. I may have also connected the mother board incorrectly, could that be a problem? Cable and computer are fine.
    One kind act done to a single heart is better than a thousand heads bowed in prayer. - Gandhi

Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own, todays worries are enough for today. - Matthew 6.34

Some of this is going to be redundant, so bear with me...

Can you print a test page? Does it work sometimes? Have you installed the latest driver? Does the driver package include diagnostic software? Is the printer disabled in the device manager? You said you tried 3 printers...were they the exact same printer? Did you put paper in it (just being a smart alec)

Have you tried different serial cables?

Have you tried adding paper and telling it to continue? (yes I know it has paper in there!)

Have you tried deleting the printer and letting Windows re-detect it?

Just a few additional thoughts?

Cheers