Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did he do it

Question How did he do it

Hello all.

A few days ago i was hacked. Nothing bad was done to my computer my backround was just changed, to a picture saying that i have been hacked. The hacker was my freind playing a trick on me.

I have a firewall and lan. Can anyone help me with how he could have done this and what i should do to protect myself from later attacks.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

There are likely hundreds of ways this could be done. To find out exactly how would require a detailed analyisis of system logs, file hashes, and timestamps. You would need to know specifically which service was exploited to even have any place to start.

Unfortunately, there is no one method used to do things like this. So with the information you have provided us, it is impossible to tell exactly how it was done. I doubt you could provide enough info for anyone to figure it out, as we would need a complete listing of all timestamps, all system logs available, and a listing of all services running at the exact time you were hacked, just to start.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

ok thanks. if i really need to know how he did it i'll beat it out of him lol.

But still is their any way that wont cost me money that i prevent this from happening.

Keep in mind your talking to an extreme NOOB.

Did you ever let your friend use your computer ? Have you giving your computer a scan for viruses ? If not maybe you should.

If you had previously allowed your friend to use your computer he could have simply just installed a Trojan and done it that way. [ But Trojaning someone's computer is not considered hacking that is just script kiddies stuff. ]

That is my guess though.

You might wanna read these :
    [1]Home Computer Security
    [2]Home Network Security

Dont worry your not the only newbie here. Where all newbies because not all of us know everything there is to computer security.

I would also advised that you check the tutorials forum's here at Anti-Online. You will find some good tutorials on how better to secure you computer.

Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

I really wouldn't worry about this..It sounds like the work of sub seven or some other script kiddie tool..Most of those skiddie 9x tools let you change the background and open cd drives and stuff of that immature nature..Your best bet is to go to www.simplysup.org and download the free trial of trojan remover, then scan your system with it..Firewall all of your machines and lock them down anyway possible...Hope this helps..
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

Thanks for the help guys i located the trojan and deleted it.

do anti-virus software help in scanning trojans?
    Now is the moment, or NEVER!!!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Some antivirus programs can pick up some trojans. But, AFAIK, The Cleaner is considered the best at detecting trojans and dealing with them.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

thank you its so nice of you!!
    Now is the moment, or NEVER!!!

Sigh... so what kind of malware did you have, and what did you do to get rid of it? It may be helpful to others..what kind of firewall are you running? That would be helpful information...how are you hooked up on your lan? That would be helpful also..

So with the information you have provided us, it is impossible to tell exactly how it was done
    I might add, with the information you have given, it is difficult for us to help tailor a security program...we don't know what you have...The links provided by Agent Steal will get you started.

I really wouldn't worry about this..It sounds like the work of sub seven or some other script kiddie tool.
    Please, pull your head out...this is a security site...what should we worry about...how many crayons we can eat in a day? Your link is invalid also

Can anyone help me with how he could have done this
    This is called incident response, and it isn't just a collection of tools...As Striek indicated, you need to have your computer prepared ahead of time, that's called "Pre-Incident Preparation"...check out this link:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=251023