Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Port 3730

Port 3730

hY

I've scanned a computer for ports 0 to 5000 and i olny found one open port, tcp 3730, witch corresponds to client-control, witch i have no idea of what it is, i've searched google but i didn't got anything usefull.
    Do you know what it is ? What deamon it is ? Or what OS runs it ?

Thanks

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I've scanned a computer for ports 0 to 5000
    Is this your computer that you scanned? Or was this someone else's?

Off-hand I'd guess it's a network device with remote access, maybe something like Cisco.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

someone else's, my firewall claims the he/she is trying connect to a trojan port 27374 in my computer all the time

So why not notify their ISP? Few ISPs I know of like this kind of behaviour (SubSeven Scanning).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

As far as i know he's ISP doesn't give a **** about these issues, and im not very worried about that, im just curious about the fact that all ports are closed exept for that one

It's quite possible that he has a hardware firewall or a similar device before you reach his machine.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Why not have the person run TCPview locally and then you'll know exactly what process maps to that port. However, if there is a device between you and the target machine (as MsMittens has pointed out), this tool wont do you a bit of good.

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/tcpview.shtml
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

hmmm ... it could be a router or a gateway also then ?

thanks

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    It could be a router with ACLs, a firewall, a DSL modem that has filtering capabilities, basically, it can be any number of networking devices. If you know the person, you can simply have them do a netstat -an from the command line and you will see instantly if the port you are curious about is listed. If it is, use the TCPview utility and you will see what process is bound to it.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

i have no idea who he/she is