Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitnick offers cash for hacking tales

Banned

Mitnick offers cash for hacking tales

"Noted computer hacker Kevin Mitnick is offering cash in exchange for tales of hacking escapades to fill a new book he is writing for publisher John Wiley & Sons Inc."

http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/...ickcash_1.html

He didn't see gore's threads yet. Gore could make some money by sending some of his BSAFM stories.

Tales of hacking escapades? Oh come off it, Mitnick -- we all know what your so called tales are like.

"hur hur, this one time, i bullshitted this guy, and i got a FREE SODA lol lolol rofl omg"

EDIT; Actually read the article. At least he realizes he could never write a book based on *his* "hacking" experiences alone.

Hm, wonder what would happen to a newbie if they said "I am willing to pay you $500 if you tell me how to.. err, if you tell me how you once hacked hotmail.. yeh, thats it.."

Hey this could be interesting. I doubt any self respecting hacker would sell a story to him, but who knows. I'll be interested to see if any of the stories are even remotely possible...
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Noted computer hacker Kevin Mitnick is offering cash in exchange for tales of hacking escapades to fill a new book he is writing for publisher John Wiley & Sons Inc."

http://www.infoworld.com/article/03...nickcash_1.html

He didn't see gore's threads yet. Gore could make some money by sending some of his BSAFM stories.
    So whats the deal if we sell him our story(s) is he gonna take credit for what we did? Does this lame ass still work for the Government? If so, phuck off Mitnick and everyone who supports him. Computerd Nerd22

i wonder how many fake hacking stories he'll get... "i hacked the DOD with my comodore... i had my atari game system set up to be the server... it was mad sweet... all i did was type love at the password prompt and i was in." lol... i'd pay money for that one
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

I wonder if hacking The Matrix counts...

BTW, did anybody ever realize that TIMAXE is a character in the first matrix? Any remote stories of how I could have made it into The Matrix that are "Provocative and Sexy? Must "involve a combination of technical, physical and social aspects." Cash reward offered...

Me and Gore could become famous

Posted Here By: Microsoft

Protect your PC
    3 steps to help ensure your PC is protected.
    1) Use an Internet Firewall
    2) Get Computer Updates
    3) Use Up-To-Date Antivirus Software

I don't think I would send him any thing, true or false....given his track record. Besides, didn't he say he was only offering the $500 for the best story? The rest are just freebies for him to use, I suppose.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

If it's truly about HIS escapades (which I seriously doubt) it will be a short book

I read somewhere that Mitnick can't post his hacking stories untill 2010. I don't if it's true tough. :|

You never know it might just be interesting. But I am still wondering though how will they know what's true and what has been fantasized ? But I guess that maybe they might just ask for proof or something a long that line.

I would still buy it just to sit down and read it when I am bored.
    So whats the deal if we sell him our story(s) is he gonna take credit for what we did?
    Naw this would be something that SCO or Microsoft would do. Except that they would either try to copy you or steal it from you.

Now why is this thread negative ? There's nothing wrong with having posted this.
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam