Thread: FreeCell Display Problems

Question FreeCell Display Problems

I'm working on a Win98 system, 256MB, PIII 800.

When a new game of MS Freecell (from MS Win98 Version B) is selected the game cards are painted incorrectly. Way too large. I have updated DirectX, Java, reinstalled the game, adjusted display settings, and installed the most current video driver (Riva TNT). Google and MS site proved inconclusive.

OK I'm at a loss now. Anyone experienced this situation and know of a solution?

Thanks Forum
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

AO French Antique News Whore
    Freecell come with all Windows CD no? I never ear it was coming from Office 2000 CD. I recommand removing it from and re-installing again from a Windows 98 Cd. (Add/Remove Windows Components)
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Sorry about that, mixed my thoughts up. I should have said MS Win98 VersionB. I will edit. Thanks
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

For the time and effort related to the reward, personally i would just find another version of freecell and install it. Its not like its a important or large program, nor one of a kind.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

AO French Antique News Whore
    Just remove Freecell, reboot your computer (To be safe) and re-install it from the CD. It should work.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Sorry everyone, I had to leave town for a few days. I'll try the reinstall after a reboot this afternoon.

Lumpy - You are absolutely right! It is not worth the trouble but I hate to admit defeat to a computer. I figure the 10% rule will always apply. You have to be 10% smarter than the piece of equipment you are working with.

Thanks guys.

No luck with the re-install. Any other ideas out there?