Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Better than AVG?

Question Better than AVG?

I've been searching online for almost a year for a great AV.....the best I've found (that is free....I'm on a budget) is AVG. Is there anything better?
    If at first you don\'t succeed, try again. Then give up. There is no sense in being ridiculous about things!

Nope, if you don't want to spend money on one (like me) use AVG.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

AVG is pretty good, i recommend it to anyone who wants a free anti-virus.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, most poems rhyme, but this one doesn\'t !

A google search turned up this . Was one of the google sponsered link so i think it is on the level. Check it out if you want.

slick

[edit] looked aound a little and they dont have it up for download, you have to get a CD mailed to you. Turns out to about USD$14 for S&H [/edit]
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

yes avg i the best free av inarguably

Heh, i using DrWeb as secoundare AV on my PC,
    http://www.sald.com/

I recomend to use it if you need one more AV for secound scan. Free version have limited functionality. but it works good for me.
    // too far away outside of limit

Try AntiVir Personal Edition http://free-av.com
    I think it is better than AVG as it can detect more malware than AVG.

I think it is better than AVG as it can detect more malware than AVG
    One needs to be careful of the claims to detect malware. At any one time there are probably no more than 2000 in the "wild". AVs that claim to detect 80,000 or more are misleading as a lot of these are old DOS items or "laboratory/proof of concepts"

The real questions are:

1. How good is the heuristic detection?
    2. How quick is the product response to a new incidence?

What I am saying is that you need to look to the future, not history

Cheers

Banned
    AVG is great for home users and for those of us who wont pay for subscriptions from Norton like me. I actaully believe it excels Norton but thats a personal opinion. I say stick with AVG, its reliable.

I use AVG myself