Thread: Netmeeting Update

Netmeeting Update

I use netmeeting 3.01 heavily and I noticed that MS has SP2 out. I have windows 2k pro running and when I goto download the program, it tells me how to access netmeeting since its already on my PC. Question is, how can I update it from SP1 to SP2? I have ran the Windows Update, and I am on SP3 for win 2K pro. Thanks.

Edit- currently MS site is down for downloading netmeeting
    www.microsoft.com/netmeeting
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

AO French Antique News Whore
    NetMeeting is not longer support by Microsoft. They drop it... They finally understood that it was a ****.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Yeah it was my understanding also that MS has stopped supporting Netmeeting because of the new software they are coming out with for video conferencing. I also noticed that you are on Service Pack 3 for Windows 2k pro there is a service pack 4 out now which might help a little but we all know what good service packs do for Windows.
    JP

Look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

That Service Pack is not supported on Windows 2000 wildred.....
    "It is a shame that stupidity is not painful" - Anton LaVey

Another note: Netmeeting has been retired. It will be replaced by Office Live Meeting, formerly known as PlaceWare.

Unhappy bummer.....

Wow that really sucks, since I use it a lot. I hope they arent going to force me to use MSN messenger instead. That program is a total nightmare, and I can not stand that it loads each time you log into hotmail or any msn site. As for Office Live Meeting, does anyone know when it will be released, or where it can be downloaded from. Thanks for the help.
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

They only say the transition will be "gradual"...oh boy! Microsoft also just got sued because they ripped off the Whiteboard feature from another company. MSN Messenger does blow.. BUT..... for now, go to Start, Run and type gpedit.msc and hit OK. When the Group Policy Console opens, go to User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and Windows Messenger. Here you can disable the use of Messenger and/or the auto start of it. Have Phun!

TY wazz for the help....i looked at that live meeting and its lookin to be expensive...maybe i looked @ the wrong thing who knows...grr @ M$

NP, Good Luck.